Misc. Fuel line/fuel tank

Misc. Fuel line/fuel tank

pablo fank

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'85 cj7, sbc 350, thm350, d300, amc20, d30
1985 CJ7
I'm doing a SBC 350 conversion. I want to use a 3/8" dia. fuel line(INLINE TUBE, inc.) from the 15 gal. metal tank
to the engine mechanical fuel pump. Anyone ever done this mod? The factory fuel line and sending unit fuel line is only 5/16" dia.

I did but it was required for the EFI I installed on my 258. I would recommend a new sending unit with the 3/8 outlet that way you have 3/8 from tank to engine.

Sent from my E7110 using Tapatalk

I did but it was required for the EFI I installed on my 258. I would recommend a new sending unit with the 3/8 outlet that way you have 3/8 from tank to engine.

Thanks for the fast reply. As I said in my post, the fuel sending unit outlet is only 5/16" dia. Do you know of a sending unit for this tank that has a 3/8" dia. outlet?

Give me a minute I'm looking

I need to go through my records and see what I bought. In the meantime maybe someone else will chime in.

1985 CJ7
I'm doing a SBC 350 conversion. I want to use a 3/8" dia. fuel line(INLINE TUBE, inc.) from the 15 gal. metal tank
to the engine mechanical fuel pump. Anyone ever done this mod? The factory fuel line and sending unit fuel line is only 5/16" dia.
Are you going FI? Sounds like your using a carb.

You can get a replacement 3/8 stainless line kit like this one
and buy a replacement FI sending unit. The problem with the FI sending unit is that it has an in tank pump.
It's easy to pull your sender and bend up a 3/8 pickup tube, remove your old 5/16 tube, drill out the hole and weld in the new tube. You can also drill a new hole and have one 3/8 and one 5/16 pickups but only use the 3/8.
You can also ditch the mechanical pump, use the FI in tank pump and add a regulator.

and buy a replacement FI sending unit. The problem with the FI sending unit is that it has an in tank pump.
It's easy to pull your sender and bend up a 3/8 pickup tube, remove your old 5/16 tube, drill out the hole and weld in the new tube. You can also drill a new hole and have one 3/8 and one 5/16 pickups but only use the 3/8.
You can also ditch the mechanical pump, use the FI in tank pump and add a regulator.
I bought one out the box with a 3/8 fuel outlet and 5/16 return for a CJ (no fuel pump attached)

I bought one out the box with a 3/8 fuel outlet and 5/16 return for a CJ (no fuel pump attached)

Cool, wasn't sure if they made one. 15 years ago I had no choice but to mod mine... :):chug:

Cool, wasn't sure if they made one. 15 years ago I had no choice but to mod mine... :):chug:
15 years ago options were Limited on lots of things

I can't find the one I got it was 3 years ago. However after doing some searching I think this may work for you. (I can't guarantee that it's a 3/8" outlet though) however even if it's only 5/16 it's more than adequate for your motor even more so if you're running a carburetor.e6209f4a7fabae3af6e58cdc50b1678e.png

• Thanks for the Post!
Reactions: CJ
I can't find a non FI pickup / Sender that specifies 3/8 either (Jeep CJ specific with an in tank pump). You can always get an universal 3/8 and bend / trim / modify as needed.

As I stated in my starting post-"engine mechanical fuel pump".
I can't find the one I got it was 3 years ago. However after doing some searching I think this may work for you. (I can't guarantee that it's a 3/8" outlet though) however even if it's only 5/16 it's more than adequate for your motor even more so if you're running a carburetor.e6209f4a7fabae3af6e58cdc50b1678e.png

The FGA 17220 has a 5/16" pickup. I decided to modify my old unit. I will get a piece of 3/8" stainless steel tubing from"INLINE TUBE". They will form the tubing bead on the end for me. I'll remove the old 5/16" pickup with my Dremel and tig weld the new 3/8" pickup on the unit. This way there will be 3/8" fuel line all the way from the tank to the engine. Thanks for the great help Manic Mechanic. BTW- The cheapass plastic float already has a hole in it!!
I'll try to find a brass float.

That's what I did with my pickup, weld in 3/8. I ran 3/8 aluminum line from the tank to the engine compartment because a 3/8 kit wasn't available like it is now.

I can't find a non FI pickup / Sender that specifies 3/8 either (Jeep CJ specific with an in tank pump). You can always get an universal 3/8 and bend / trim / modify as needed.
Yes, I will modify my sending unit w/3/8" SS tubing. Thanks for the prompt reply. I found a brass float on Ebay.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks