Fuel and Temp gauge No power?

Fuel and Temp gauge No power?

bmglide03

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
79 CJ7
I have searched and read many threads about testing fuel gauge troubles. My problem is that there is no power at the fuse for those gauges. From where does the power enter the fuse block and has any one experienced and resolved this problem before? I also have no power to the fuse for the blower motor. Those fuses are located adjacent and I am guessing it is related. The other fuses are getting power and these are the only 2 that are not.

Brian

Their not related as wiring goes.
Did you use a test light?
Did you check both sides?
Key on?
Did you clean the contacts to shinny metal?

:ww::dbanana::banana:

When you did the test. Was the ign key in the run position?
LG

When did it start doing this?
LG

When did it start doing this?
LG

Working on this for a friend of mine. He said he replaced the entire housing a few years ago and it hasn't worked for about a year. I asked him about the blower motor and he said he didn't know how long that has been out because he never uses it.

I removed the fuse block from the engine compartment side and cleaned the connectors. I am going to remove it from the inside and see what I find.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks