Front sway bar link mounting pin removal

Front sway bar link mounting pin removal

Tiitsu

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
83 CJ7, T5, D44, D20, AMC20, 258, 4" lift
Hi,

I have been trying to replace front sway bar link bushings on my CJ7 and just can't get mounting pin away. Is there any easy way to get it out or I just need bigger hammer?

Thanks a lot for help!

Tiitsu

Attachments

• sway bar.jpg
    sway bar.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 417
The vehicle must be setting flat on the ground to remove the load on them. As in not on jackstands.

What works best (for me) is removing ther whole unit (sway bar and
connecting rods together) and using a piece of wood and a hammer...

:ww: :dbanana:

You need to lift the axle some, to take the strain off the bolt.
LG

Sorry for bad picture. There is no load on that as it's already away from other end of sway bar link. I will give better swing tomorrow and remove whole sway bar if necessary. Got call from my friend and he told it might be really tight. Let's see how it goes... :)

Try to remove the bottom link first.
That bolt in your picture has a serious bind on it.
LG

Sorry for bad picture. There is no load on that as it's already away from other end of sway bar link. I will give better swing tomorrow and remove whole sway bar if necessary. Got call from my friend and he told it might be really tight. Let's see how it goes... :)

:)
That is a tapered seat where both of those bolts reside...........with normal rust it may feel like its welded together.........Heat Yes , or it takes two people with two big hammers.........one against the force and one applying the same.

a small two jaw puller will sometimes apply enough force to break them loose.
:D:D:D:D

:)
That is a tapered seat where both of those bolts reside...........with normal rust it may feel like its welded together.........Heat Yes , or it takes two people with two big hammers.........one against the force and one applying the same.

a small two jaw puller will sometimes apply enough force to break them loose.
:D:D:D:D

I got call yesterday evening from one mechanic guy and he also told this same trick to use two hammers and if that doesn't work then by using heat it will come of for sure.

So, two hours ago I tried with two hammers and "tadaa" after two hits it came off and same on other side. Thanks a lot for this tip! It was perfect!

Now new bushings are installed...

-Timo-

Attachments

• koiranluu.jpg
    koiranluu.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 267

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks