Free to the right home!!

Free to the right home!!

IOPort51

NOT the voice of reason Jeep-CJ.com
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1977 cj-5
4.2 W/MC2100 carb, 4.0 head W/3 angle valves,SS Header,TFI ignition with MSB-6 offroad module,CS144 140 amp RPS alternator with remote regulator T-150,d-20,Dana 44 with OX lock and disk brakes. D-30 with Spartin locker,
skyjacker 2.5 lift?nitro shocks,31" BFG A/T off road.8000 lb Warn winch, original owner.=^)

2006 Toyota Tacoma
I am sure that Free got just about every bodies attention.

I put Master Craft Nomad seats in My CJ5 a while back and pretty much love them. But I will talk seats at another time. The problem I have with After market seats it that they are taller and thicker than the originals which puts the wheel in your lap and your head above the sport bar. Unless, of course you are very short and skinny, in which case just go to the nest post.

Basically the only option is to lower the pedestal, sounds easy, right?

So I spent a lot of time, about 150' of bar stock and built dies to bend this to some degree of precision and tooling to make slotted holes. All in all it was a great time and I enjoyed it a lot.

I occurred to me that perhaps a few of you may be tired of having the steering wheel in contact with something other than your hands and / having to tilt your head to the side to see through the wind shield. These pedestals lower the seat 1 1/2", Does not sound like a lot but is makes a huge difference.

What I need is a couple of "Bata test subjects" Some one of average mechanical ability and equipment to install these seat mounts and report back with items of interest about the install and at least minimal photo documentation. These may require a small amount of "Tweaking" as it is remarkable how far a one degrees angle variation can throw the hole alignment off. These do require the use of the factory CJ slider for both sides. The passenger side does not flip forward, if this is important to you please leave remarks in questionnaire. As far as I can tell these will fit CJ5,7 and 8 from 1976 to 83. The only Jeep I know they will fit is my 77 CJ5.

This is not a contest and nothing is being sold, yet, and there will not be a drawing. Selection will be based on photos, yes your ride and you may end up on my web page, and you having all the components needed to make the change in a timely manner. You may receive E-mail from me in the future, if and/or when I decide to make these available. If I get 4 responses on these it is hardly worth the effort. Depending on response I will pay shipping on these. I have two pair built for this promotion. If I get two responses and it looks like both are suitable you will be welcome to the brackets but you can pay shipping.

The brackets are made of 1/4" x 1 1/2" hot rolled flat bar the bends are cold bent , the welds are 70000 psi stick welds the slots are very generous and they are powder coated. When I mod my jeep I try to make it looks as if it belongs there, sort of like Toledo saw the need and made a change. These work for me.

In order to be eligible for selection I need you to answer a few questions.
Please copy and paste into your E-mail and sent to metalikmutt@gmail.com

first name

year and model or CJ

brand and style of after market seats

height

weight (be honest)

Would you be inclined to just lower the drivers seat and not be too concerned with the passenger side?

Would you prefer that your pictures not be used, by me, or anyone else, on my web page, ever??

Please attach pictures of seats and present brackets, both sides.

Pictures of you setting in the drivers seat illustrating lap to steering wheel and head to roll bar position. basically side shots and remember picture quality counts. I will also need after shots.

Please copy and paste these questions to your e-mail and send it to Metalikmutt@gmail.com .

You will be contacted when the decision, which is final, is made.

If you have questions please ask here but applications will only be accepted at metalikmutt@gmail.com .

Last edited:
Did you get any responses on this IO?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

very little and nothing I could use. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

Shame, I unfortunately have Seats out of 2000 wrangler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have been happy to help out, but since mine was / is in a state of disassembly, sorta took me out of consideration pretty quick. I'm hoping to get my tub reunited with the frame this week, but that's just a day late and a dollar short......

I'd like to try it. I'm 72" tall and 196 lbs. I installed Corbeau Moab seats in my 1980 CJ and had to leave the adjusters off because the seats set me too high to see out of the windshield. I thought about trying to cut something down so I could use my adjuster so my wife could drive comfortably.

I would have been happy to help out, but since mine was / is in a state of disassembly, sorta took me out of consideration pretty quick. I'm hoping to get my tub reunited with the frame this week, but that's just a day late and a dollar short......

take some pictures, fill out the questions and send it to the e-mail address above and you may be a lucky winner.

I'd like to try it. I'm 72" tall and 196 lbs. I installed Corbeau Moab seats in my 1980 CJ and had to leave the adjusters off because the seats set me too high to see out of the windshield. I thought about trying to cut something down so I could use my adjuster so my wife could drive comfortably.

Have you filled the questionnaire and sent it to the E-mail address?? If so I have yet to receive it.

Father-in-law had a stroke. As soon as I have some time I will get you the info you need.

I have middle row seats from a dodge mini van. They are comfy seats but I can't see the stop lights through the windshield frame and the tilt steering is kind of useless. I like your idea, but I use the flip forward feature on the passenger seat quite often. so I would be interest in a lower pedestal for it too. One that flips forward if you go that far with this project.

First chance I get I will take some pitchers and answer your questions.

I am in the midst of doing this right now, and if you still need testers, I may be available.

PM me and we can discuss the project. I am using Dodge Dakota bench Seats, but so far I am using the stock Passenger side fold and tumble, and modifying my Driver side.

As for pictures you can see my posts, and instagram @zeppe807

Thanks,
Joe Zeppe :chug:

I have found the flip forward seat brackets that are made by Bestop to be about an inch lower if that helps. Removing the seat adjuster will also lower it. I got more help by installing a slightly smaller diameter steering wheel.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks