Finding a hard to find part.

Finding a hard to find part.

jafo

Old Time Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ7. 304 V8 3 speed.
Been working on my TAC system. It is the system that assists engine warm up. I am having trouble finding the temp sensor part that's locates in the air breather next to the air filter. It allows vacuum to close the flap and take heated air from the heat riser into the snorkel. I have checked Autozone and Napa thus far. Napa had the picture of the exact part, but was discontinued. I woupd like to at least get this working properly. Is there a different one from another make that would cross over?

Jeep p/n J8128338

Napa # 229314

Used on 1978 and later V8 air cleaners up till 1986 1987 ????

Bone yard ?

Yep. Dead end after dead end. I figure boneyard is probably about what I already have or close to it.

I would have thought someone, somewhere has some in stock. Maybe bought out an old parts store. All the locally owned parts stores here are ling gone. This is what they were good for. Napa is about as close as you get to the old APA store with counter books and countermen who actually "know" vehicles. With all the fuel injection systems around no need for them anymore.

I found this website a few days ago and know nothing about them. www.cj5.com I've never done business with them and don't know if their reliable or not.

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks