Body Fiberglass Cowl Repair

Body Fiberglass Cowl Repair

JMark

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'84 CJ-7, 258, Sniper EFI, AX15, Dana 300 HD Outputs Twin Stick 4:1, York OBA, D60, D44 Locked F&R
Did some damage this past weekend (clipped a tree with my windshield frame, didn't kill the frame) And put a hairline crack across my cowl right where it turns up to the vertical where the windshield is.
I ground out a couple spots to check the extent of the damage, it's a thin hairline crack. What is going to be the best way to fix this? i'm thinking sand things down and v-gouge the crack, then lay in chop strand mat and resin in a few layers, then sand flush and repaint.

U got it. Or if ur going to be off roading switch to a metal tub

Sent from my E7110 using Tapatalk

U got it. Or if ur going to be off roading switch to a metal tub

Thank you, had the 'glass tub for 10 years and oddly enough very little damage, only section that's un-armored is the cowl area actually.

Here's a shot of the hairline crack, right at the corner.
Cowl damage highlighted.jpg

I have seen that in steel tubs also. The sealant filler cracking

That's a seam

what should i do with it? anything?
There's some cracking on the side of the tub that i will fix from it as well.
You can fix it but don't be surprised when it comes back. Me personally due to cost of paint I'd leave it alone unless it gets worse

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks