fenderless

fenderless

CJim7

Crazy Sr. Respected Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'84 CJ7 - 430hp 401 on propane - T18a/D300 twinsticked, Superior axles, Lockers, full boatsides, Warn 8274, OBA, 36" TSL's.
Is anyone here running completely without front fenders? Im kicking around the idea a little bit and wondering what everyone did with the radiator overflow, wiper fluid reservoir, and most importantly, the Ignition control module?
After having them off doing some work on the front end, I've kind of grown fond of the look. :rolleyes:

This rig is an offroad dedicated rock crawler and wont see much if an water.

If anyone has done this and has a good idea for an inner fender, Im open to ideas.

Jim, your avatar looks like you trimmed your fenders? If so, did you add any tube support, some do some don't? If you remove your fenders without adding support there won't be much supporting the hood and grill (4 bolts in/hood 1 in grill) When you rub your hood on trees/rocks the grill and hood will flop around a bit.

We are not totally fenderless, but the fenders are cut away so much that it does look like there are practically no front fenders at all. We retained the inner fenders, so we still have a place to mount under hood items, and also protect the engine from spray and mud (sort of :)). We have the look, but as Posi said, still have the necessary support.

Attachments

• WP_20150711_006.jpg
    WP_20150711_006.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 161
  • WP_20151115_003 (Custom).jpg
    WP_20151115_003 (Custom).jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 155
In many states-run'n no fenders is a great way to get a ticket, if your drive'n it on the street. ;)
LG

This rig is an offroad dedicated rock crawler and wont see much if an water.

In many states-run'n no fenders is a great way to get a ticket, if your drive'n it on the street. ;)
LG

True. This Jeep sees no pavement.

Thanks for all the feedback. My biggest issue with this is where to re-mount all the fun little things that are currently on the inner fenders. I can find a nice clean spot for the ICM, but the overflow jug is a problem. The solenoid on the passengerside is also relocatable but my propane system and OBA stuff, again, will be a problem.

Maybe I'll just put the fenders back on and make it look like a Jeep again :wtf:

^^ and it works great as well.

We are not totally fenderless, but the fenders are cut away so much that it does look like there are practically no front fenders at all. We retained the inner fenders, so we still have a place to mount under hood items, and also protect the engine from spray and mud (sort of :)). We have the look, but as Posi said, still have the necessary support.

That's pretty much where I'm at...I cut them way back years ago but left the flattys.
I run 36's with just under 6 inches of lift though and still rub on the backside of the wheel well. Without moving my axle forward, I'm pretty much at the limits of what a stockish Jeep body will handle.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks