85 CJ-7 Renegade:
Fuel Injected 4.2L I6/T5/D300
D30 with ARB Air Locker, AMC 20 w/Posi
Warn 8000 LB winch
VIAIR Onboard Air System
33x12.5x15 Goodyear MT/R's
Kenwood head Unit
Hella E-Code Lights
Anybody ever come across one of the factory diesel jeeps?

The only factory diesel I have seen is in the Liberty. If you can call that a Jeep.

The only factory diesel I have seen is in the Liberty. If you can call that a Jeep.

Liberty, Grand Cherokee, even XJ Cherokee's were available in the US with a diesel...otherwise all the recent ones are for export only.

^didn't see the post above but I have seen only one CJ locally with a factory Perkins diesel...rotting away in the yard in NH and the guy doesn't want to sell it.

I have a 1980 CJ7 Factory diesel, and would love to talk to somebody else with one to learn a little more history about them.

Mmmm a jk8 would sure be nice drool.

Although not a traditional Jeep, I did come across a CJ that was a "factory diesel" a few years ago. It was a CJ10A, which was a Jeep that was produced in the mid-80's in Mexico, and was used as a flight line aircraft tow vehicle for the Air Force. I believe it had a Nissan SD33, inline 6 diesel engine in it.
There was also a CJ10, which was a CJ based pickup, produced in the early to mid-80's, that had a 9 slot grill, square headlights and the same diesel engine. It was mainly produced for export so I've heard, and I personally haven't seen one of those.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks