Drum brake part search

Drum brake part search

tobascofred

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1976 CJ5
My winter project ('76 CJ5 chassis) has nothing under the drums (all four wheels) except wheel cylinders. I have purchased all of the parts to do the rear end (toying with disks up front) except I cannot find the "rods" that actually actuate from the wheel cylinder to the brake shoes. I have seen these called "drum shoe links" but I cannot find them anywhere! Does any know a source for these? Thanks in advance. Tobascofred.

Brakes

I always use this guy for random brake parts that I can't find at the part store down the street.

They're called wheel cylinder links and you can get them at any normal part stores around town. My local shop had them when I needed them. A quick call would be worth it before driving to one.

I'm assuming you never had them to begin with...you can use old ones without a problem after a quick cleaning.

Best of luck!

(toying with disks up front)

If you don't mind spending the money for a front disc kit that requires zero modification, give Horsepower Sales, LLC a call. I can't recommend him enough. I love mine and it was a cinch to install.

Super friendly too...always answered his phone and was more than happy to help me with some questions I had during my install.

Brakes

I always use this guy for random brake parts that I can't find at the part store down the street.

They're called wheel cylinder links and you can get them at any normal part stores around town. My local shop had them when I needed them. A quick call would be worth it before driving to one.

I'm assuming you never had them to begin with...you can use old ones without a problem after a quick cleaning.

Best of luck!

Did you forget to mention the guy's name for random brakes parts? I have searched high and low (and correct, never had them when I bought the project CJ) - the big auto national part suppliers, local shops,the general Internet, the jeep forums, etc. etc.

At the end of the day I guess I am going to have to find another old car that used 11 by two inch brake shoes and hope for the best....

Did you forget to mention the guy's name for random brakes parts?

If you click on "Brakes" in my previous post, it'll take you to his site. The Jeep Guy. If the link doesn't work, just google The Jeep Guy.

Sorry!!!!

Try rockauto.com for parts. :)

Try rockauto.com for parts. :)

I also did a quick search for wheel cylinder links on O'Reilly's site and they popped up. That's where I got mine. I went to the desk, told them what I have and that I needed to coleteoy rebuild the rear drum brakes, and they got everything for me..including the wheel cylinder links. I didn't need them, but the price was worth not having to scrub the old ones.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks