Here's my problem for today :mad:

Attachments

• door handle.jpg
    door handle.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 391
  • striker.jpg
    striker.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 709
Bestop sell the handles in a range of formats Pity I am the other side of the world as I need to swap the opposite way

Bestop sell the handles in a range of formats Pity I am the other side of the world as I need to swap the opposite way

Well if I wasn't married to a Richard Noggin I would send them to u since I can't use them. Unfortunately I only have the drivers side now. But if u want it I'll mail it to you.

So is this what the pie shaped striker is attaching to? seems a little large of a striker to fit here......

Attachments

• striker holes.jpg
    striker holes.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 1,378
It fits there but doesnt use those mounting holes. There should be a few threaded holes on the inside of the tub in that "pie" pattern.

It fits there but doesnt use those mounting holes. There should be a few threaded holes on the inside of the tub in that "pie" pattern.

Got those installed. Now my doors feel like I'm trying to close a tiger in a cat carrier.....So, we'll see I guess what today holds.:D

I'll let you know what I decide about the brake stuff. I know I should buy new probably. It's 120 or so from Orielly for the brake/master thing- but that's for a cj not a yj. Is there a big difference?

You can probably adjust your doors a little better using by loosening up the front hinges and moving the door itself forward or upward , whichever way helps. Its a little tricky and would help if you had another set of hands. Invite Richard Noggin to help. :D

I think with either the Cj or Yj booster you will need a new proportioning valve. Im not 100% positive though so you may want to research that a bit. Finding the correct valve can be frustrating. Ive heard of the Yj being reffered to as an "upgrade" but that could just be wording. I havent done it myself. Maybe start a thread or search and we"ll both learn something. ;)

Got those installed. Now my doors feel like I'm trying to close a tiger in a cat carrier.....So, we'll see I guess what today holds.:D

I'll let you know what I decide about the brake stuff. I know I should buy new probably. It's 120 or so from Orielly for the brake/master thing- but that's for a cj not a yj. Is there a big difference?

hmm...maybe I'll try the hinges- I tried everything else to make the doors fit better but not much help- that is the problem the doors- not the strikers.

And I'll pass on the invite.....karma always gets you in the end. His Harley fell over in the rocks....lol. So he has a gas tank to touch up :D

Alrighty then. :) The best way I found was to loosen them up while the door is closed just enough so you can move them. Have the window rolled down and use the upper frame to muscle them around. Once you have it close where you want tighten one hinge bolt down in the upper and lower before you let go. It may take a few tries but dont get discouraged.
hmm...maybe I'll try the hinges- I tried everything else to make the doors fit better but not much help- that is the problem the doors- not the strikers.

And I'll pass on the invite.....karma always gets you in the end. His Harley fell over in the rocks....lol. So he has a gas tank to touch up :D

Woops. thought we were talking about the full steel ones. Samr rules apply, just dont have to roll down the window. :eek: You can also get them to fit a little better by bending the frames ( in small increments ) near the hinges themselves.

ummm....I have 2 piece soft doors.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks