digital hand held tachometer

digital hand held tachometer

IOPort51

NOT the voice of reason Jeep-CJ.com
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1977 cj-5
4.2 W/MC2100 carb, 4.0 head W/3 angle valves,SS Header,TFI ignition with MSB-6 offroad module,CS144 140 amp RPS alternator with remote regulator T-150,d-20,Dana 44 with OX lock and disk brakes. D-30 with Spartin locker,
skyjacker 2.5 lift?nitro shocks,31" BFG A/T off road.8000 lb Warn winch, original owner.=^)

2006 Toyota Tacoma
Neiko 20713A 5 Digit Digital Laser Photo Tachometer#

Ever wanted to see how fast something was turning?? I saw this a few weeks ago and for $20 give or take thought what the heck.
I took it into the metrology lab at work and had the tecknoid set up a signal generator with a white LED on it. This will flash the LED at a precise rate well over 100000 times a minute. The tachometer is reacting to a reflective tape stuck to whatever spinning machine you want to know the RPM of so the flashing light is the same as the tape, one flash = one RPM. We tested this from 60 cycles up to 60000 cycles and the accuracy was dead on. Not even one cycle off at 60000. I was impressed.
So, a little tape or a drop of paint on the balancer and you know exactly what the RPM is and it even has a memory. Oh yea it has a red laser as well , for whatever fun can be had with a red laser. :cool:

Sounds pretty cheap.:) One of the tecs. had one in our shop a few years back to check the spindle speed of one of the machines, I thought it was pretty cool till he told me the price. I don't remember what he said but it was at least $100 at that time.
I'm going to have to get one at $20.:chug:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom