Did you know you can you this part on your CJ?

Did you know you can you this part on your CJ?

Zuni

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
84 CJ7, 03 WJ
Did you know you can use this part on your CJ?

Thought I'd start a thread of parts, etc. that you can use on your CJ that are from other cars or trucks.

Here's the first one.

You can use '71-'74 Ford Pinto Headlight adjusters which are metal and don't break to replace the plastic ones that get old brittle and break off. Just take the old ones off and pop rivet the new ones on your headlight bucket.

You can get them on eBay just search for Ford Pinto Headllight adjusters.

They look like this :

Last edited:
Re: Did you know you can use this part on your CJ?

Did you know you can replace the missing or broken light inside your CJ hardtop with an exact dome light replacement from an IH Scout and some GM pickups from the 80's.

Do a search on IH Scout suppliers and then search for dome lights.

Here's a picture of my old broken one and the new one I replaced it with.

Re: Did you know you can use this part on your CJ?

Great Post! As soon as my brain unravels, I might think of something to contribute! :laugh:

Oh heres one:
Did you know you can use the shock tower off a 90's Ford F-250/350 on the front of your CJ to use a longer shock and increase the wheel articulation?

As a recently new jeep enthusiast, this is really good information to have. Will these parts work on any CJ model or only certain ones?

Older chevy trucks like 70's and 80's had underhood lights that activated when the hood is lifted, a little slide inside the light moves and activates it when the hood goes up. You can pick them for free in most junk yards and they are stupid easy to wire up. I mounted one under the hood of my jeep.

I also picked up a light from under an old ford 80's. It turns on with contacts on the outside of the housing, you can wire the chevy light to it so that it automatically comes on when the hood is up, but the ford light has an extension cord and a magnet on the light. So you can pull it out and put it where ya need it.

The combination of both lights is great. The chevy light mounted to the hood and the ford mounted to the fender, firewall, hood, where ever. They can even be mounted in the rear and wired up with a switch.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks