Interior Dash pad repair suggestions wanted

Interior Dash pad repair suggestions wanted

Armyvet25

Beach Runner
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ, 83 CJ7, 2012 JKU, 1995 YJ
The cracks chips missing material does not seem bubbled upward like a lot of cracked dashes do, and this is the only place it's cracked. So, several questions here;
1) what can I use to fill in the gaps that I can sand smooth over etc to fill in the missing material, liquid...filler etc???
2)Next, what can I use to treat the entire pad to reinvigorate it to a more SUPPLE material less prone to further cracking as easy if not treated???
3) Last...I plan on repainting after all has been repaired and treated, what is best for repaint...PlastiKote or????
Thanks in advance

2022-11-18_115745.jpg

2022-11-18_115730.jpg

Many people have tried vinyl repair kits without much success. There are also those that swear by JB weld products that are easily applied and sand down well. Making it supple again may be more difficult as it may impede the application of paint. If JB weld on a small section works, use it, paint it and hope it has a long life. Or..... I simply broke down and spent the $200.00 bucks for a new dash. They also have them in the paintable version if you don't want black

Many people have tried vinyl repair kits without much success. There are also those that swear by JB weld products that are easily applied and sand down well. Making it supple again may be more difficult as it may impede the application of paint. If JB weld on a small section works, use it, paint it and hope it has a long life. Or..... I simply broke down and spent the $200.00 bucks for a new dash. They also have them in the paintable version if you don't want black
yeah, was hoping to apply something to soften it some, something that might soak into the vinyl, dry and be paintable, only paid 50 bucks, plan on a new one in the future

I have used Meguiar's "57" cleaner/restorer. Not magic, but works quite well.
Amazon Link

TriNova also makes a good product, but leaves a greasy residue for a few days. So wait to paint over it a week or so.
Amazon Link

To fill in cracks/holes, I have used Rub-n-Restore filler.
Purchase Link

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom