Dana 300

Dana 300
I'm 99% sure 35's will rub if you don't trim your wheelwells some.
A taller tire will give you more ground clearance, which will help in climbing over rocks and through ruts.
If you already have the 35's I'd keep them and do some triming. If you want to keep the round cj look you will need to run 33's.
I'm going to try to mod. my (best top) flairs to keep the round look, I'l let you know how it works out this weekend.

My cb handle has been deadeye for 40 years, so yes thats what I go by over there and a few other sites.

Let me know, I would prefer to keep 35, am willing to trim. Honestly, I'm not a fan of cj flares. I may look aftermarket or for another model. Should have mine at least back together for now. Installed new front end, ps box, pressure lines, finished painless wiring, interior is looking better, tie rod and burgeson shaft. Gonna try to take her out tomorrow, too loud for tonight. Have to get mufflers soon. Let me know how your project works out

I would prefer to keep 35, am willing to trim. Honestly, I'm not a fan of cj flares. I may look aftermarket or for another model.
Used TJ flairs like Pete has are pretty easy to come by, I got a set of tj rubicon flairs for free from a club member that put after market flairs on.

I bought my CJ with 35 inch tires and did a lot of cutting to make them work. I have no fender flairs (not good for muddy areas). the rear fenders have circumference for tires up to about 31 inches. Over that they need trimming (and a lift). If you don't trim you will have to lift it a lot more.
31_iron_chest_trail__small.jpg

Then I put on 36 inch SuperSwamper SX Bias Ply tires. I was worried about the one extra inch but it was the extra bulge of the Bias ply tires that caused the rubbing.
Before
BFG1.jpg
And here is my new tires
SuperSwamper4Medium.jpg
and both sets of tires have the same width.

Yeah, so basically it's going to be trim a little, try it. Trim some more then try it again. Busa the difference is huge! I am just wondering if I should wait to trim until I get a new set of rubber. If I go for a bias ply, the whole game changes it seems to me!

trim a little, try it. Trim some more then try it again.
Exactly, I can't even tell you how many times I trimmed my fenders.
Trimming the fenders is up to the owners discretion. I know may CJers cringe when they see my fenders. But no one wants to get carried away. You don't want to cut too much and then find out your new tires will never fit up to where you cut.
twist__small.jpg

Too true. The fenders are last on my list! I still have to come up with a grand for gears!

A big thumb up for the twin stick!. I added a twin stick to my Scout Dana 300 and I have a cut down Dana 44 up front with a locker.The front end is hard to turn with the locker on, so I just reach over and pull the shifter out.plus now I'm running 35's but only have 3:73's not that bad ,I have a T18 infront of my Dana 300.

Reviving a relevant post. I need to replace my defective throwout bearing but decided to replace the entire clutch assembly and also rebuild the TC. My question is, can anybody list for me the part numbers to all five bearings in the dana three hundred…

I am going to use Novak’s short output assembly and don’t want to end up with extra components if I buy a rebuild kit. I will not find a new and original Spicer set of gears. Therefore, I will get JB’s LoMax kit. I am stuck with 4:1 low gear ratio which I don’t really need. Thanks in advance.

I did the LoMax gears. Are you looking for Original D300 gears ? I bought my Jeep brand new and I’m pretty sure mine are in good shape. Can’t say I did much 4 wheeling with mine over the years. Mainly street driving and D300 not engaged. Everything that came out is now in a bucket of 80 - 90 W

How much…

How about I take it all out of the oil bath and take some pictures and send them to you. If you want all the parts you pay the shipping to you. If you don’t want it all, send them all back. If you want it all, send me back $ 100. No pressure. I know the gears are all there, bearings are all there and what ever else came out that didn’t go back in with the LoMax rebuild.

That is a very flexible offer and I thank you.

I am sure your 2low and 4low gears have little to no wear. But the 2high should have some wear just like mine. I will go your way with the LoMax gears while they are still available and not discontinued. This option will increase the Jeep resale value. I looked around for for a Dana three hundred but no luck. I wanted to rebuild a separate unit to reduce Jeep down time, because we all know that is critical :).

Hopefully someone knows the part numbers to the bearings or can provide a link.

If you want I can fish them ( bearings ) out of the oil and see what is stamped on them this weekend. As far as getting money out of a Jeep after investing in upgrades, not sure that always happens

Also, can you please confirm which one of the two shift rails is included in the LoMax kit…

Is it the passenger or driver side…

I am replacing both due to rust pits at the slide seal point. Thank you.

Man, you might have to pull inner races just to see the stamping. Don’t bother. Thank you.

Ok. I thought it was always / usually on the outside. No problem

I just can’t remember which It was now. Just call them. They were pretty easy to work with even during pandemic

They said the one closest to driver’s knee. Thanks.

That is a very flexible offer and I thank you.

I am sure your 2low and 4low gears have little to no wear. But the 2high should have some wear just like mine. I will go your way with the LoMax gears while they are still available and not discontinued. This option will increase the Jeep resale value. I looked around for for a Dana three hundred but no luck. I wanted to rebuild a separate unit to reduce Jeep down time, because we all know that is critical :).

Hopefully someone knows the part numbers to the bearings or can provide a link.
Allstate Gear has a kit part # BK300 for $129. Website

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks