TCase Dana 300 Poppet ball and spring

Transfer case
TCase Dana 300 Poppet ball and spring

miked

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
78 cj5 5.7, twin stick D30 front,D44 rear. 80 cj7 renegade 304,D30,D20, Dana 300,auto trans.
On stock 1980 dana 300 tc are both the front and rear shift rail poppet ball and springs the same? I got new springs and poppet balls but im not sure they are correct. The rear rail spring bore is deeper than the front. Does that need a longer spring. I been searching a lot and cant find any definative answers. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

They're the same

You running a twin stick or no?

No, the dana 300 came with a 80 CJ7 with an automatic transmission.

No, the dana 300 came with a 80 CJ7 with an automatic transmission.
Thought maybe you were doing a swap

Reason I asked is there's an issue with the ball and spring involving the case jumping out of gear on occasion when run with a twin stick

Yes, Ive heard thats a problem with the twin stick. The 78 CJ5 I picked up this summer has a twin stick. Havnt had it out wheeling much to experience it happening.

Do you know if both pills are supposed to slide back and forth between both shif5 rail bores? 1 of the pills will slide from one bore to the other. The other pill slides full into 1 bore and slides a 1/4 the way into the other bore.

Thought maybe you were doing a swap

Reason I asked is there's an issue with the ball and spring involving the case jumping out of gear on occasion when run with a twin stick
Novak has springs that will help out with that. I installed them in my dana 300 haven't had any issue. Im running a twin stick

Novak has springs that will help out with that. I installed them in my dana 300 haven't had any issue. Im running a twin stick
Same here. Used the Novak kit on my Dana300 and have had no issues at all in 4 years.

That was where I was headed with the question...JB has one, too

I have a Novack twin stick on my 300 and never had any trouble popping out of gear. Around 14k miles on the whole set up now. :jeepgrin:

I twin sticked mine years ago and bought everything JB made for D300 no issues poping out of gear either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks