Cutting fenders to fit tires

Cutting fenders to fit tires

Swoop

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1984 Cj7, 258, T-4, Dana 300, Dana 30 in front and AMC 20 in rear.
I have a 4" lift and 35 12.50 and I don't won't to go up. My jeep is a every day driver and I hit the trails I have put alot of time in my jeep and it look great not the paint so much but the interior is nice and every thing works except the dam gas Gauge but I'm fixing to fix that again lol OK what I need to know is there somebody making extended flares about 2" more then stock and wider. I don't mind cutting thank phillip (blue skies)

If you like the tube fender look and are looking for something custom and strong try trailtubes.com. They make a strong tube fender kit up to 7 inches wide. Tubing is pre bent and notched . If you only need 4" just cut 3"inches off before welding them in place.

Ya IV seen them they look good but it's the back that is the problem there's just to much metal on the back part of the fender so I'm looking for some round fender flares to fit my cj but just a little wider in the back

To clear a set of 35s with a 4" lift you can trim the fenders and oem skirts a bit, plus do a 1" body lift, slightly longer spring shackles, and extend the bump stops. Thats the cheap way to do it. If you are using 10" wheels it could be tougher. I have seen guys add TJ fender skirts also. Those tube fenders do look pretty good though.

I run the same except I have a 1" body lift. I have plenty of clearance

A 1" body lift wounded be so bad and I already have a set.The PO put new springs on the front and shackles in the back and there not the some maybe a 1" or a 1"1/2 so the first thing I need is a new set of back 4" springs or used and then the body lift I just don't like body lifts maybe just get a used set of 6" springs i mean 2" is not much more then 4" so does any body have a set of 6" spring for sale

there's alot of extened flairs out there, check morris or 4wd.
Alot of people also use tj flairs to open the wheelwells up.

I don't think anyone makes a 6" lift for a cj.

Check this thread out for some ideas. http://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/f49/fitn-35s-10244/

Getting leaf springs with more than 4" of lift would require a custom made set. A high lift spring and off road travel does put more stress on a CJ frame and it will eventually crack so be aware of that. A sawzall and a big hammer can really help you in gaining extra tire clearance.

I like the idea of shackle lifts ?? So some 4" springs for the back , 1"shackles all the way around , and a set of best top fender flares and a little cutting and I should be good. we'll you send the Measurements for your bump stops. when the PO put the spring on he did not Extend them. I can fab them just need the Measurement are how to get the measurement Could I put a jack on one wheel front and a jack on the Opposite rear jack them up at the same time until thay start to Rub

This jeep is my daily driver. I don't wont to go real tall or hack it up and I won't it to drive good I'm a hunter and a trail rider and I like to drive my jeep to the Jamborees. if there is a lot of mud so be it but I'm not looking for that 4 or 5 ft mud hole. So no shackles and go with the body lift Gotcha. When I got this jeep nothing worked on it. The Steering stabilizer And track bar Was ripped off Now everything works Except the damn gas gauge I guess I'll need to fix that again lol Just want to do it right So I'm getting as much information as I can thanks

They are good flairs and should work as long as you trim your wheelwells.
They were made with big tires in mind.

Cool then they should work. I just need some new springs for the back and shackles for all 4 springs and the bushwacker fender flares. I have a 1" body lift for my jeep they came with the jeep and the PO never installed them Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to install them to thanks

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks