Crossing the Border

Torxhead

Always Off-Roading Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'86 CJ,258,T-18,4:1,Dana 44s
This is an old report, but I thought I would share it with you guys:
Smugglers try driving over US border fence, get stuck
Down by the border in the So. Cal desert there are some awsome 4wd trails and once in awhile we come across some people who aren't supposed to be here. One morning while camping near the Salton Sea one of them took off in one of our club members Jeeps since the ignition keys were left in it. It was abandoned shortly since the thief could not figure out the reverse pattern on the manual valve body in the automatic trans.

Last edited:
I would have never thought that Roof bar joist was that strong flat. I would have thought that if you went to that much trouble you would have done a little geometry to see if it would work. I also think it would take pretty big Huevos to drive up and down that.:D

Wow. I thoroughly enjoy watching Border Wars on TV and watch those fine young men and women do what they do best while in grave danger. I just hope that all those in these United States understand that if they are consumers of illegal drugs, there is a very strong possibility that it came across the Southern Border......

I would have never thought that Roof bar joist was that strong flat. I would have thought that if you went to that much trouble you would have done a little geometry to see if it would work. I also think it would take pretty big Huevos to drive up and down that.:D
We are talking about drug runners I don't think they are that smart.

Wow. I thoroughly enjoy watching Border Wars on TV and watch those fine young men and women do what they do best while in grave danger. I just hope that all those in these United States understand that if they are consumers of illegal drugs, there is a very strong possibility that it came across the Southern Border......

X2:notworthy::notworthy:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks