Interior Clutch pedal part identification

Interior Clutch pedal part identification

cglax6

Senior Jeeper
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'76 CJ5, 351w, Ford T18/D20, D44 (open), D30 (open), 2.5" BDS spring lift, 31x10.5x15 tires
Another question for the experts...

I received my 80+ hydraulic clutch pedal assembly yesterday and it has something on it that isn't part of my mechanical assembly.

The piece is circled in red. Can I just cut that off?481169c689afb757bc3160f175baca66.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

My 85 is mechanical. If I remember correctly it wasn't until the yjs that Chrysler built that hydrologic came into play. It's the mounting for the clutch master cylinder.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
709d0d18dd570f60238ea112ba03ae6a.jpg85306f884f56a4c4084955941547a4b5.jpg

Off an 80 CJ with the 2.5l. They had hydraulic clutches.

Off an 80 CJ with the 2.5l. They had hydraulic clutches.

Makes sense I've only ever owned 6&8 cylinder cjs

I added pics to my previous post

MM beat me to it good pic of the mounting. Its outter support and CM/C mounting bolts. I wouldn't cut it off, it will help you to locate the proper mounting for the CM/C.

MM beat me to it good pic of the mounting. Its outter support and CM/C mounting bolts. I wouldn't cut it off, it will help you to locate the proper mounting for the CM/C.
It's not going to locate anything the way it is...hahaha. Looks like I'll have to bend it back into place.

The mounting face for the assembly looks a little hacked up too. Oh well, I'll make it work!2e7d6b7ec3ada863c300bf895817e3e2.jpg

Yea, going to need a little tweeking to get it back in shape. Unfortunately things happen in removal and shipping.

Tweak it the best I can if nothing else locate one from a 87-95 yj. I'm looking at doing it as well but going 94_95 as they have external slave cylinder so I can still use my clutch and fork assembly

If it doesn't bend back to the correct spot, I'll just cut it out and measure where everything needs to go.
In the final stages of a 351w swap, so everything else comes from Broncos or Novak if I can't find something that fits right.

Once you get the master, just hang it on the studs and check the rod alignment. Tweek until it lines up. That piece also adds stiffening to the firewall to help prevent deflection of the master.
That assembly looks better than mine, my rod mount pin is worn badly.

Last edited:
Got it mocked up...everything fits well. Had a hell of a time figuring out how to line it up to drill holes for the studs...then I realized I needed to hammer this studs out to get them out of the way.

Good to go now!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks