Interior Climate control cables

Interior Climate control cables

Petescj

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ-7 258 / T-18 / Dana 300 31 in All Terrains.
1978 CJ-7 304 / TH 400 / Quadratrac 32 in Mud Terrains
Anyone have a diagram of where the climate control cables attach to the different locations on the heater box? I used to have one but can't find it anywhere now.

Thanks in advance đź‘Ť

Super Job !

Ok One more.:) The label "temp" comes from the dash control, the rusty cable that can be seen hooks to the pin to the right of the cable marked temp.

heater cables.jpg

Now for a question that the OP may have.
When I put my NEW cables on had a problem. Lubed them with cable and chain lube before install, easy pull push. Installed in dash, again easy pull push. Went to hook up and the loops were horizontal not vertical.
So twisted them to fit the pins. About pulled the cables out of the dash trying to get them to work. Gave up. Don' use heat anyway.

Any body have the same problem? OP how do yours work? Easy? Hard?

I'm getting ready for bed now but this looks like exactly I need. I'll give feedback once I mess with it some more.

My cables move easily but they are only placed in the dash. No resistance cause their not connected to the heater box.

Appreciate the replies đź‘Ť

Should be some resistance, but not that much

When I put my NEW cables on had a problem. Lubed them with cable and chain lube before install, easy pull push. Installed in dash, again easy pull push. Went to hook up and the loops were horizontal not vertical.
So twisted them to fit the pins. About pulled the cables out of the dash trying to get them to work. Gave up. Don' use heat anyway.

Any body have the same problem? OP how do yours work? Easy? Hard

Mine were like that when i installed them
Hard to pull . Drove around like that during the summer.. Now they move just fine , wander if the wire twists around tn the cable and straightens thier selfs out.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Now for a question that the OP may have.

Any body have the same problem? OP how do yours work? Easy? Hard?
I encountered the same problem. My CJ was hard, but not that hard. I also rebuilt one for another CJ owner and it was extremely hard to work. I found that the mechanism on the air box, due to the design, put itself into a bind. I added quite a bit of reinforcement to the mechanism and it helped a lot.

AirBox-Control-Mod-1.jpgAirBox-Control-Mod-2.jpgAirBox-Control-Mod-3.jpg
AirBox-Control-Mod-4.jpg
AirBox-Control-Mod-5.jpg

Attachments

• AirBox-Control-Mod-4.jpg
    AirBox-Control-Mod-4.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Make sure you put the huge Fender washer on it here for it won't work properly. "The control cable attaches here". Did you ever find tables that work properly? I bought these and they are junk. They break immediately.
Crown Automotive Heater Control Cable Kit 5463657K

MTS co. Has good cables

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom