Suspension CJ8 lift

Suspension CJ8 lift

LouieS.

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
81 cj8
I have a CJ8 I just picked up. I am going to do a spring over on top of f250 axles. I just found some I can pick up with 4.30 gears for a good price. My question is what springs would everyone run for a decent ride. Mostly just a trail truck at the deer lease. But an occasional run to the beach, only 20 miles. It will be on 40’s and will end up with an LS swap.

Welcome to the board... Make sure you want 40's with 4.30 gears. Not sure what else you'll be changing besides the engine. This site can help you out quite a bit... http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html

As to the original question, it kinda depends on the SOA kit you choose. A Rocky-Road kit, for example, with stock CJ springs can easily handle 37's. You might need 2-2.5 springs for 40's. BUT, again, need to know what kind of lift the kit itself provides.

I have the 40’s already. I am up in the air on what to do with it. Spring wise. I may just go with coil overs and build a 4link.

If money / skill / time / or external resource is not an issue then coils are a no-brainer.

A “good” SOA kit is the only one to have and somewhat less expensive.

Based on your original post I’d lean SOA but you won’t go wrong with either.

I’m a big fan of the Rocky-Road SOA kits. Nice big deep/wide perches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If money / skill / time / or external resource is not an issue then coils are a no-brainer.

A “good” SOA kit is the only one to have and somewhat less expensive.

Based on your original post I’d lean SOA but you won’t go wrong with either.

I’m a big fan of the Rocky-Road SOA kits. Nice big deep/wide perches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We're debating on getting the Rocky road soa kits as well for the incoming CJ8 project. We'll just finish first the installation of the front bumper plus winch and skid plate on the current Wrangler project before we fully inspect the CJ8. Will confirm if it got 40's.

• Thanks for the Post!
Reactions: 007

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks