CJ7 Metal Hardtop

CJ7 Metal Hardtop

jeepcreep

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Anyone know of or seen a CJ7 metal hardtop. I've seen one once but can't find one anywhere. Found two metal tops for CJ5's but no 7's.

They are really tough to find. I have heard of one before but never seen one... :(

I wish I could find one for my CJ 6

Anyone know of or seen a CJ7 metal hardtop. I've seen one once but can't find one anywhere. Found two metal tops for CJ5's but no 7's.

I saw some in Venezuela, Colombia & Australia.

They all used "Export Doors" though.

I can't believe this thread came up. 2 days ago I found a metal CJ5 hardtop in excellent condition. I called the guy because I wanted to see how hard it would be to convert it to a CJ7. It was already sold but he let me come over to look at it and it was so nice. It looked like it was almost new and he sold it with doors for $500. He already had the money and the next owner was coming to pick it up today. I'm glad a CJ5 guy got it because I would have butchered it trying to stretch it to a 7.

Anyway, I think a 7 with a metal hardtop would look great. I love the way Defenders and FJ's look with their hardtops and I would love to have a metal one rather than my fiberglass one. I'm sure fiberglass is a better choice for fit etc, but the unique factor appeals to me.

I can't believe this thread came up. 2 days ago I found a metal CJ5 hardtop in excellent condition. I called the guy because I wanted to see how hard it would be to convert it to a CJ7. It was already sold but he let me come over to look at it and it was so nice. It looked like it was almost new and he sold it with doors for $500. He already had the money and the next owner was coming to pick it up today. I'm glad a CJ5 guy got it because I would have butchered it trying to stretch it to a 7.

Anyway, I think a 7 with a metal hardtop would look great. I love the way Defenders and FJ's look with their hardtops and I would love to have a metal one rather than my fiberglass one. I'm sure fiberglass is a better choice for fit etc, but the unique factor appeals to me.

Craig's List is world wide, check: Canada, Australia, Venezuela, Brazil they all had factory CJ7 hardtops with or without windows.

CJ5 guys want fiberglass tops and CJ7 guys want metal ones. I saw a thread where a guy cut down a CJ7 Steel top to fit his CJ5. I can't imagine why aquala doesn't make a aluminum top. They make everything else and then stick a fiberglass top in the pictures on there web site.

CJ5 guys want fiberglass tops and CJ7 guys want metal ones. I saw a thread where a guy cut down a CJ7 Steel top to fit his CJ5. I can't imagine why aquala doesn't make a aluminum top. They make everything else and then stick a fiberglass top in the pictures on there web site.

I had a 1948 CJ 2A that came with Sears & roebuck Aluminum hard top. Is was light, but rattled a lot, no insulation single wall. It kept the rain off , but you had to wear ear plugs.:eek:

I had a 1948 CJ 2A that came with Sears & roebuck Aluminum hard top. Is was light, but rattled a lot, no insulation single wall. It kept the rain off , but you had to wear ear plugs.:eek:

I had a CJ5 that had an arctic 1/2 top on it. Well insulated and heavy as :censored:.
kinda wish I still had it. It made for a nice little pickup bed in the back of the Jeep. :)

I just got back from picking up my metal CJ7 metal hardtop, and I didn't have to go South America for it thanks to George in Granville, NY. I did have to drive 30 hours straight through white out conditons to get there and back from Chicago though. I'll post pictures tomorrow.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom