Clutch Cj7 Ford 302 and Ax-15 clutch linkage issue

Clutch Cj7 Ford 302 and Ax-15 clutch linkage issue

spidey90250

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1980 Jeep Cj7, Ford 302 Ax-15 Dana 300
HI so I swapped my CJ7 with a Small block 302 and an Ax-15 in place of my T-5 and mated them with an Advance adapters bell housing plate and an a clocking ring for my Dana 300. I am having issues with the Hydraulic clutch linkage. I installed a 4 cylinder CJ7 master cylinder for the clutch, with a Ford slave cylinder in between. I used an 81-91 F150 Aluminum bellhousing and the slave cylinder bracket, part number: e4tz-7a544-a. I have not been able to find a slave cylinder that sits correctly on this slave bracket. In addition, When it was all hooked together, I was able to get the transmission into all 5 gears and reverse but it would slip in all the gears almost as if the clutch was not completely engaging. I used a clutch kit for a 70 Bronco with an 11 inch flywheel and threw an 11 in Chevy clutch disc to have the correct spline count for the Ax-15. Any help would be appreciated. Im pulling hair trying to get this done!

351w swap here...

Interesting that you can't find a Ford slave cylinder to fit the Ford bracket. I have a spare Ford bracket, but that won't do you any good. I ended up using the bracket and slave cylinder that Novak offers. The Novak slave should fit the Ford bracket, but it comes with the bracket...which is why I have an extra Ford bracket...hahaha.

Regardless, you should get the Novak slave cylinder because the plastic Ford slaves cylinders are junk and won't last long. I have about 8000 miles on my 351w build and I haven't had any issues with it.

Also, for reference, I have a LUK heavy duty 11" clutch and a Ford T18.

Attach a picture of your setup. Pictures are worth a thousand words here...especially since you don't have a common swap.

I was thinking about doing the Novak slave, I just wasn't sure if I could justify spending that much on a slave cylinder! I may just have to bite the bullet and get one. I will get some pictures of the the engine and trans tomorrow for ya

Attachments

• 20211006_182239.jpg
    20211006_182239.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 0
Agree with "cglax6" - get the Novak slave/bracket set. Worth the cost for better reliability and fitment (and support if needed).

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom