CJ5 swap TJ or YJ fender flares?

CJ5 swap TJ or YJ fender flares?

ianjcx

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
75 CJ5
I just did a 2.5" lift and now running 33 X 12.5 and they are sticking outside of my fenders about 4". I don't have any flares on at this time and need to install a set so I don't get mud flying EVERYWHERE. I've read about installing TJ fenders but on the front I'm not able to cut past the inner wheel well as I have a fiberglass body.

Any suggestions on which fender flares will work best and tips on how to install them? Pics very welcome.

I have a set of original style CJ flares I got off Ebay for $40 each.Look good work great

ftwflh, what kind of fender flairs are those on the rear?

They were on it when I got the Jeep but seem to be the same type and style of the front ones

I just did a 2.5" lift and now running 33 X 12.5 and they are sticking outside of my fenders about 4". I don't have any flares on at this time and need to install a set so I don't get mud flying EVERYWHERE. I've read about installing TJ fenders but on the front I'm not able to cut past the inner wheel well as I have a fiberglass body.

Any suggestions on which fender flares will work best and tips on how to install them? Pics very welcome.
I have a glass nose also and got a set of tj flairs, but couldn't figure out a way to mount the front so I haven't mounted them yet. I'm not sure if yj flairs would work or not. theres a lot of wider after market cj flairs out there but the're not cheap.

I have a set of TJ Rubicon Flares and they cover great. But can be hard to line up in the front. They are great if you want to clearance the wheel wells for larger tires.

84ad15c1.jpg
79097dcb.jpg

I'm ok for clearance in the front but need a tiny extra in the rear. I would be fine with extended CJ in the front and TJ in the rear as they provide extra but it's the fitment of the TJ to the front that worries me. I read one comment somewhere that one guy wanted to try fitting a rear TJ to the front of a CJ? I dunno about that but anyone have any comments on that?? I'm trying to procure a set of TJ's just to fit them up and see what it looks like.

I have a 'glass tub on my CJ7 and TJ flairs. Isn't that hard, can take some pics if you want. Only thing I didn't like was how the front at the grille area fit. The two curves are different.

Sure iceman. Love to see some pics

Been looking at Bushwacker, Xenon, Highrock and Rugged Ridge. They all look like they give the oppertunity to open up the wheel well a little which is what I need.

Any suggestions??

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks