cj3b with V6... issue with throwout/ clutch release bearing

cj3b with V6... issue with throwout/ clutch release bearing

OliY

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
CJ3B with Dauntless 25 V6
Hey Everyone,

So I'm trying to get me rebuilt t-90 and new clutch put back together again but the kit which I bought (LUK-04-003) came with a different throw out bearing to the original I took out.
The engine is a 67 buick 225 V6. I just finished rebuilding the transmission from a T-86 to a T-86 body with all new T-90 gears and parts.

The new bearing is .25 of an inch longer than the one I took out which is 1.61 inches

However, the new pressure plate is springs are .06 closer to the driven disc than the original 18 fingered Borg and Beck diaphragm plate that I have replaced.

I've been considering swapping the new bearing part onto the old bearing collar (if this is even possible?) but that would make the rebuilt bearing .06 shorter than it needs to be.

Has anyone ever had a similar problem?

Of course there are no markings on either of the bearings

The bell housing has number 9774035
The new driven disc has part # BBD3425
The new pressure plate has part #1-027-V00-30

I've uploaded some images in case anyone wants to take a look/

Anyone got any clues on this?

Many thanks

Oli

That little bit of extra thickness shouldn’t matter. Remember you have several city blocks worth of adjustment.
The thicker bearing might be more durable... “more betterer” as my sister would say. Actually she’s my brother’s sister... I refuse to claim her.

Thanks Jeff,

So you rekon just use the bearing that came with the new kit? you don't think 1/4 of an inch will be a problem and might not be betterer but might also not be a problemer?

Also when you say adjustment do you mean on the cable end?

Cheers

Oli

Thanks Jeff,

So you rekon just use the bearing that came with the new kit? you don't think 1/4 of an inch will be a problem and might not be betterer but might also not be a problemer?

Also when you say adjustment do you mean on the cable end?

Cheers

Oli

If you look at the cable you should see there are several inches worth of adjustment. If really concerned, you should see where it was previously set, subtract up to .25” and you will see there is plenty of room.
Hope it gets all betterer!

Thanks Jeff... why did no one else suggest such a simple solution? I've been pulling my hair out for days trying to find the exact length of bearing!!

Appreciate the help and advice.

Thanks Jeff... why did no one else suggest such a simple solution? I've been pulling my hair out for days trying to find the exact length of bearing!!

Appreciate the help and advice.

Welcome... maybe nobody else saw it?

Post some pics of your Jeep!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks