CJ/YJ spring bushings

CJ/YJ spring bushings

Dep

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ7, 258/4 speed.
Hey everyone. I need some help on spring bushings. The daystar bushing kit has 2 different ones in the kit. one has a 1/4" shoulder lip, the other has a 1/2" lip. These are for the main spring eyes. Do i use one of each on each or are they front /rear specific? thanks...

Which kit did you buy? As some kits are for the aftermarket spring shackles or the oem type. Other than that the big bushings go in the big holes or main eye and the smaller bushings go in the smaller holes or the shackle end.

its the daystar main spring eye kit. its not the diameter of the bushing, its the shoulder one is thicker than the other.

O.K., I think I understand your issue now. The CJ front main bushings have a thicker shoulder on both sides as the springs are only 2" wide. The rear springs are 2 1/2" wide and have the thinner shoulder.

That never even crossed my mind. Thanks Torxhead...

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks