CJ Poly Fuel Tank Vapor Valves and Grommets

CJ Poly Fuel Tank Vapor Valves and Grommets

Apollis

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
84 cj7
Currently working on an 84 CJ7 fuel tank. Its the 20 gal poly tank. It has two vapor valves on top that could stand replacing along with the grommets. Problem is that I cant find any valves or grommets for the CJ. I see them for YJ's and they look similar. Will the ones for the YJ work on the CJ poly tank? Think I saw a thread about that a while back saying they are the same but I cant seem to find it now. What is the black stuff used to seal the grommet to the tank? Looks to be something like Hi-Tak but I am not sure. Thanks.

The fuel tank vent valves from the wrangler are what you need. I replaced mine over the winter with the parts from Morris and they came with the proper rubber grommet/seal.

Greg

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks