CJ-7 seats

CJ-7 seats

cdlongjr

Active Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1983 Jeep CJ-5, 1987 Wrangler YJ, 1974 J-10
I've only had my CJ 3 days. I drove it from Philly to Newark, De. I'm an ole guy, 6', 214#. I have a belly because I'm a Pofessional Santa Claus. The front seats are hi back & sit too high for me. My belly is almost into the steering wheel. No trouble driving her. The front seats also are jammed into the rear fender coverings. Is his the norm, or can i install differnt seat brackets? Also, the PO welded the tailgate shut. Is it posible to modify or install a flip up rear seat? I[m pissed @ the loss of that storage space. I don't have a ton of money to put into her as I hve 2 grown children & 3 Grandchildren living w/ us, so I need o make every dollar count. Wife says I'm crazy for getting a Jeep @ my age, but I've wanted one since I got out of the Army. I'll get some pics today & post them.

I'm not sure about the 7's but its a tight fit for me in my 8, I'm 6' 4" 250. I too would be interested in other seat options:D

you can install mustang/sunfire seats, but don't know if it'll net you more leg room.
that rear tire hump is the real problem.

All CJ's are cramped. It's just the way they are built. The 7 is better then the 5. If the back of your seat is up against the wheel well already, the only way to get more room is to get a seat with a thinner back or I have seen a few CJ's with the well notched.

I have some racing buckets in mine. They are very thin but not that supportive. They give just a few more inches of legroom.

most guys I know that have a 5 just modify the wheelwell to allow the seat to be mounted more rearward.

Thanks guys. I guess this is th norm. I was concerned the seats were the wrong ones.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks