carb question

carb question

usmcreeder

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7 original 258 I6. 4" w/ spring overs, 35" swampers, welded rear, detroit locker front, cut-out fenders....
i have an aftermarket wber carb on my 86 CJ7, it was put on by the prvious owner so not sure exact model but has the rectangular air cleaner on top. i was wondering if it was possible to install an air intake and if so, the best method. i am new to the jeep scene so your answers are much appreciated...

First off, welcome to the site usmcreeder :ww:

K&N makes and adapter plenum for the square Weber carburetors.
K&N Plenums & Weber Adapter - Custom Plenum

I looked up the part number on Summit racing and it's $85.95

But, this will allow you to run any standard 5 1/8" air cleaner assembly. This would probably allow you to use one of the build it yourself air intake kits as well.

Thanks of God! Another people in same quest. Hi everybody. Im new in this forum and so glad to be here. Im retaking my Old Jeep from garage and messing with that hated Carter Carb, decided to go for Weber.
Looking Redline Amazon.com: Weber Carburetor Kit 32/36mm DGEV 1972-1990 Jeep CJ5, CJ7, CJ8, Wrangler YJ w/ 4.2L…

A lot of info and sorry if looks dumb questions: Any improve between rectangular air cleaner or that K&N filter adapter? Can I live without it?
It is legal in street use? I mean the Weber carb. thanks for your help.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks