Brought it home today

Brought it home today

Trijeep

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
82 CJ7, 258 6 cyl, in pieces
My wife got me an 82 CJ7 with lines, brakes and wheels installed. Tub is gonna have to be painted, 258 6cyl engine and trans are connected. Frame sandblasted and repainted. All else is in boxes, tubs, etc.. What is a good book for me to get with diagrams to get this potential bad boy together? This is my first jeep since a Willys CJ2a in high school. I have a long way to go.....Thanks for any help-I'm going to need it.

Morris has diagrams, Start with getting all the drive train in the frame. Then get the tub on the frame

Where/who is Morris? How would I find the diagrams. I haven't done this in a long time. I'm starting from scratch. Any info on where I would find good replacement parts, etc....I just got a paint shop's name today. While the tub is off, I'm gonna go ahead and have all of it painted, then put it together and see how she'll do. Any recommendations on a 2" body lift kit to start with? I appreciate all replies.

Morris 4x4. They have a lot of diagrams for jeeps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Thanks to everyone who has replied to my posting. I appreciate the Morris tip. I'll be asking more questions as this progresses-should be interesting.

No laughing matter there. Looks like a solid start. :chug:
Agreed.

Thanks to everyone who has replied to my posting. I appreciate the Morris tip. I'll be asking more questions as this progresses-should be interesting.

It is more about the journey I am coming to understand...Good luck with it all!:chug:

When I get stuck because I didn't take enough pictures of what I took apart or what I need to get apart is so rusted it looks like one big lump of corrosion I just Google in this site search "Tie rods" or "brake Lines" and I usually have no problem getting images of what I'm looking for.

I have also seen many times posted "I need a picture of _______" and help usually comes pretty quickly.

Here it is. Don't laugh-it's a work in progress. Hahaha

I dont think anyone that is a member on this site would never laugh at a person who is restoring a classic. We totally respect and try to help anyone we can. I hate to speak for other members , but I feel that way and I am sure many more. :ww: from Michigan. Looks like a awesome start.

X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks