suburban99

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1980 CJ7 304 V8
2011 Silverado 4x4
2004.5 Dodge Cummins Diesel
1997 Porsche Boxster
Hey all, I just changed the master cylinder with a reman unit as mine was leaking out the back seal and running down the booster. Brake pedal has always been low in this jeep, now I think I need to raise a little because the brake light switch works when brakes are first applied but goes out when you stand on the pedal. I have tried to adjust it but I cannot get it to work correctly. Is there a coupling nut, or adjustment for pedal travel between the booster and the pedal rod? My brakes work great, just need to fix the brake lights. I had this issue before I replaced the master cylinder. Thanks

Theres a non-adjustable switch that is at the brake rod and then theres an adjustable switch that is on a bracket at the pedal. It has a lock nut and adjustment nut. I adjust mine to where just as I step on the pedal the light is on. I've also had to adjust the contact on the pedal too

Theres a non-adjustable switch that is at the brake rod and then theres an adjustable switch that is on a bracket at the pedal. It has a lock nut and adjustment nut. I adjust mine to where just as I step on the pedal the light is on. I've also had to adjust the contact on the pedal too

Mine is the cheap plastic one that is on the bracket. Has a white plunger. They work when you first step on the brake, but if you stand on the pedal they go on then off.

Sound like a loose connection at the switch. Shouldn't have any effect how hard you push on the pedal. Theres also a brake warning switch on the compensation valve below the drivers foot board. If the fluid leaked down on it that my have ate thru the wires/ switch

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks