Body work cradle.

Body work cradle.

Petescj

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ-7 258 / T-18 / Dana 300 31 in All Terrains.
1978 CJ-7 304 / TH 400 / Quadratrac 32 in Mud Terrains
You know one of those big suckers you load your tub into and have at it. Where do I look for one and how much am I looking at spending on one. Any tips and such are greatly apreciated. If I grab that CJ8 Im better off having one then not. Thanx

Pete

That is a great rotisserie for a CJ. I thought I had seen a homemade one before. The reason we went with an aftermarket is for the jacking ability to get the center of gravity correct as it always has different bodies on it. That and it was also a good buy (got it used)... :)

Right now it's sporting a 65 Chevy II! :)

great one on early CJ5 . com
let me find the link
oh, a few mearsurements may need to be changed to bolt on but that would not be hard or expensive
Tommy B’s Jeep Tub Rotisserie « Earlycj5.com
here is a picture
figure10-225x300.jpg

not bad for something with all the part list and instructions you need online

does the fact that the same article has been linked 3 different times by 3 different users in this same thread seem funny to anyone else?

does the fact that the same article has been linked 3 different times by 3 different users in this same thread seem funny to anyone else?
no, it means 3 different users know exactly where to look
Early CJ 5 is a great site with all kinds of info about early cjs, I like the 71 and earlier cj for a number of reasons, own 2 so naturally it is a place I like to go and get info from.
Having said that, I like the crowd here, seem to get along a lot better as the humor has a twist to it I like.
But all in all the internet is a small place, you are going to like it or hate it as you will find yourself running into a lot of the same guys everywhere you go.

Yea, I used to party with Sparky, the Admin over there...

I don't like their Moderation policies so I don't hang there much anymore...

I guess its just me that thinks its funny that people can't read...

Nah the other two guys just don't type as fast as me, LOL.
Or they can't read......hmmmmm

i am currently building mine from the Tommy B plans... its a variant from a guy over there on ECJ5... PieLut is his name and he did the dwgs in sketchup... very cool too

all in, it cost me maybe right at $200 for the materials... my time is free... for ME anyway

WP_000072.jpg

WP_000077.jpg

WP_000076.jpg

WP_000079.jpg

WP_000081.jpg

i think it came out pretty well so far... and if i need to change it for my other jeep i can... weld in a plate, drill new holes

good luck with your search!

I just noticed I was slighted in this thread like 2 and a half years later! :laugh:

Nah the other two guys just don't type as fast as me, LOL.
Or they can't read......hmmmmm

Hi,
Just a quick "home built" possibility. I once saw a picture of a home made one that used two engine stands as the end points.

A quick google search showed lots of examples.
Doug

Attachments

• bad_example.jpg
    bad_example.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 246
did you have a problem finding sch 80 pipe??

I have not got the price on that pipe yet.. I was just going to get a 3inch pipe im thinking 1/4 thick..
the 2x2 is $2.93 per ft
the 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 is $3.71 per ft
the 3x3 is $4.64 per ft.

While doing my morning parts search this morning I came across one for $800 it is listed on eldoark.com under the autoparts section.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks