Blower Motor Firewall Seal

Blower Motor Firewall Seal

bmflyfish

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
Brown 1985 4 speed CJ-7 with the 258, Dana 300, AMC 20 and Dana 30 still with the stock axles.
I have had to replace the heater core and while I have everything taken apart I decided to replace the 1985 blower motor with a new one from Quadratec. But the housing on the new blower motor is slightly bigger than the original and the firewall seals that I have ordered will not fit the new blower motor. What have you other guys used for the blower motor firewall seal?

Thanks,

Brian

when I redid mine I did the blazer motor swap and was able to use the seal an make it work , I see that yours will also require making the hole bigger for the new motor in the firewall so I hope it is like the blazer motor swap which puts out more air , but you should be able to find some type similar material from Lowe's or other hardware store to make a new seal if needed

I just did the blazer upgrade. Two tips I can give is one add extra ground wire from flange to firewall for extra ground in case down road a loose or rusted bolt would cause bad ground and I used some of the padding strips that made to go under a truck toolbox in between it and truck bed to seal up my blower . It has sticky back side that I added a touch of 3M spray glue to. Hope this helps.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks