Misc. Bestop Soft top

KsCj5

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1977 CJ5, 304, T150, D20, AMC20, D30
Love it when parts show up a day early
6ddc14fe787e34ac8af734c8c2939963.jpg

After going over the top and doors that came with my CJ5 and finding them basically junk, I ordered a Bestop replacement top with 2 piece doors. The downside to having it delivered to work is having to look at it till it’s quitting time, lol! Hopefully it goes smoothly, it seems to be a pretty straight forward deal with all parts/hardware included. I’ll definitely find out as the project starts after work tonight, more pics to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully it will go smoothly. A new too will make the whole rig look better!

Sent from right here.......

Be sure to lay it out in the hot sun for a few hours before trying to "stretch" it over the frame. I did mine in December in my cold basement, it was a PITA getting it on the first time.

Be sure to lay it out in the hot sun for a few hours before trying to "stretch" it over the frame. I did mine in December in my cold basement, it was a PITA getting it on the first time.

Good to know, thanks! We’re mid 80’s here so I’ll do just that as I’m putting everything else together.

You can actually start putting the top on the framework and let it and the jeep sit in the sun and slowly stretch it out and snap it on. Even 50 degrees and cooler can make a top difficult to put on.

x2

Didn't get it finished up, but I did get a good start-

Top in the sun-
IMG_2667.jpg

Jeep in the shade:cool:
IMG_2668.jpg

Time to get rid of the old snaps, most came of with no issues, but there's always a couple stubborn ones, lol!-
IMG_2669.jpg

Got the new rails, bows, and half doors done before the mosquitoes started to set in, lol! Hope to finish up tomorrow after work.
IMG_2673.jpg

Not too jinx it, but it's gone extremely well so far. I think at some point in it's life it had a similar top on as I only had to drill one poorly drilled hole. Hopefully tomorrow goes as nicely as tonight did.

Man - This is like a season ending cliffhanger.......

It's like coming home again!!! Via Tapatalk

Man - This is like a season ending cliffhanger.......

It's like coming home again!!! Via Tapatalk
Does he or doesn't he, only his top dresser knows

Lol! Just wait for tonight’s episode, “The Forgotten Windshield Channel”, lol!

I just might start drinking beer early this afternoon to get ready.

I just might start drinking beer early this afternoon to get ready.

Ooh, good idea. Then we can offer helpful, insightful suggestions. I like the way you think. With our help he’ll be done in no time LOL. And better not get Gert to help - he’s always breakin stuff......

Done for now. Even after leaving it in the sun for a couple hours it was still a bit of a wrestling match, but it's on just in time for 2 days of rain. Once it's stretched in good I have a couple adjustments to make and it'll be good to go.
IMG_2675.jpg

Tonight's episode of "Wrestling a New Soft Top" has been brought to you by "It's Time for a Drink". Because after a 11 hour day of 90 employees, phone court with the unemployment office and then wrestling a new soft top into submission glass of whiskey hits the spot, lol!

IMG_2676.jpg

Now it's looking real sharp ! Salude ! :chug:

Nicely done, sir. And a proper finish as well

Looks great! It will go on a little easier the next time. Just don't wait to do it when the temps go down lol.

Woody for the win!

:oops:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks