Best winch ever made

Thanks for the heads up on the Silverback series, after your review and the stellar reviews from buyers on the site, I decide to pick up the 9500lb Silverback & winch mount.

Edited: DOh! wrong thread!

I would agree that the 8274 is an icon, and a great winch, but it's design is dated and performance is not up to some of today's standards in design.

I don't think the 8274 is out dated in any way. I have the 9.5 xp-s on the 2012 Rubicon and it works great but it is certainly not any better than the 8274 on the 3B and I don't think it is as fast. Almost a given that the spur gear drive is more expensive to manufacture than most or all of the planetary stuff now on the market but is certainly not inferior.

The main difference between the 8274-50 and the original 8274 is the series wound motor and splined pinion on the dash 50. The rest of the parts are interchangable as far as I know and you can use the new motors on the older winches by just changing to the new pinion. Just one hell of a winch. That it is still available new after nearly 40 years pretty much says it all.

Chattanooga Armature I believe. Used them before for work related builds. Over near Dodds and fourth st. There's another place but can't recall the name.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

What do you think is the best Winch ever made? and why?
I say it's the Warn 8274 8,000 lb
Why:Gear drive and 150' of cable! A staple in the world of 4wheelin'

Roger that - on my end = Warn 8274 / 8,000 lb

This is the best winch I have found.

Attachments

• Pirate.jpg
    Pirate.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 334

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks