Best place to get fenders from?

Best place to get fenders from?

84cj7rookie

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
84 CJ7
I have an 84 CJ7 that I just bought. The only thing wrong with the body is that one fender is a little mangled so I'm wanting to replace both. I found some on eBay for $300, does anyone know of any cheaper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would look for used or NOS jeep made fenders. The ones I bought for my CJ5 where horrible after market POS . Always use original steel if possible.
Even if you have to do some work on it you will be ahead.

I've gotten stock fenders for ~$100 a piece at Willys Works. Most junk yards are probably similar. Torx is right the shipping would be the killer. If you can find decent stock fenders they will be better than almost everything you can get after market.

Another option - since you are only having issues with one, find a body shop that can beat that one back to shape...... I don't know how mangled it is, but by the time you add up cost of fenders, and shipping, and prep, and paint, you might be money ahead getting someone to fix that one. Good luck and keep us posted.

That doesn't look that bad. I don't see any rust behind the wheel so that fender looks pretty solid. Have a body shop give an estimate on repairing. You might be pleasantly surprised. We have a couple schools locally that teach auto body repair - they will sometimes take on work like this as a teaching tool - and don't charge anything.....

Oh, that's not bad. You probably could do most of it yourself. Remove the fender, put it on a flat surface and with a rubber hammer give it a few love taps. Most will pop right out. The finer details are the tricky part. Matching that warn red paint might be all but impossible though.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks