Interior Best aftermarket seat for non tilt column CJ7

Interior Best aftermarket seat for non tilt column CJ7

rsf

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1977 CJ7 3 speed, dana 20 , dana 30, model 20
I just picked up a 77 CJ7 after being out of the Jeep game for 20 something years. Non tilt column and manual steering.

The previous owner replaced the lowback seats with some black mountain seats that seem to be much taller than originals. It makes it very difficult to get in and out of the vehicle with the Limited room between the column and seat.

When I had my last Jeep bestop was the gold standard, but even the cheap steelhorse or think jeep seats fit alright. Are there any decent aftermarket seats left, or did they all compromise fitment to work on CJ/YJ/TJ/whatever the new stuff is?

1st thing that is really important is does it have to be a direct bolt in or is doing some fab work ok?
There are many great low back suspension seats out there. Some are cheaper than others and some are direct bolt ins..
What works best for you?

Id rather not do any fab work, my last jeep was modified to the extremes. I want to keep it closer to stock this time, but I do want highbacks

Corbeau Moab seats. And get the corbeau risers. You will gain leg room on the passenger side, they recline, and they are super comfortable. Yeah, sticker shock may hit you but there are no better seats. You get what you pay for. I gave up trying to make my jeep look original long ago and now go for comfort and durability. I don't think the original marketing team for AMC Jeep ever thought that the cj would be alive and kicking nearly 50 years later. The seats and risers are the worst, bumpers were an after thought. axles and suspension were weak at best for what we do with them today. If you want to make sure you stay in the jeep game this time, make it comfortable. JMHO

• Thanks for the Post!
Reactions: CJ
Those Corbeau Moab seats are fairly reasonable. I’ve had my Bestop seats probably over 30 years and probably spent $ 280 ish back then for the 1st. Had a little problem with the wheel on one side to rotate the back and called Quadratec and they gave me Bestops direct line and they sent me a new seat no problem. Said keep the other so I did. Seats are still in pretty good shape and hopefully outlast me maybe

I went with the "Corbeau Sport Recliners" with seat warmers and lumbar supports. Direct bolt-in, same height as originals, but now recline function for perfect adjustment. I love them. Check out some pics here: Write-up

Thanks for the suggestions. As I said I just got this so still figuring out whats been modified. I think the steering wheel is out of something else and putting a stock wheel on may fix the entry and exit problems

Does this look like what a 77 should have?

Attachments

• IMG_1641.jpeg
    IMG_1641.jpeg
    178.7 KB · Views: 10
I would have to say that it is not. The oem part had bent arms and longated openings in the three spokes that were skinnier. The other glaring omission is the lack of a horn button in the center with a jeep logo. Anything is possible but I dont think this is a jeep cj wheel.

I believe the stock wheel would have been 15" in diameter. I have a Grant after-market wheel that is 13.5" (part # MQP415X5695 or just "Grant 415"). Here's some stock CJ steering wheel pics:

s-l1600.jpg s-l1600 (1).jpg

• Thanks for the Post!
Reactions: rsf

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom