Bench Bleeding POS Remaned Mastercylinders

Bench Bleeding POS Remaned Mastercylinders

HighRoller

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1977 CJ-7, 1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport, 1987 RWD Olds
Ok, my master cylinder was leaking on the back seal so I got a replacement reman one from work (AdvanceAuto). Put the new one in to find out that It was bad as well due to the inner piston not coming all the way back. So I just put the second remaned one in and It's good, Thank :censored: God! What :censored: me off though is that both the replacement cylinders I baught did not come with the "Bench Bleeding Kit" wich consists of plastic lines and plugs to bleed the cylinder on the bench before placing it on the vehical. WHY WOULDN'T IT COME WITH IT!? Its a must and I don't see why Cardone is to cheap to help out its customers and include the kit. None the less I made up a kit in the store with short peaces of real brake line and made it work but in the end it ended up being twice the :censored: than needed for a simple Cylinder swap. Keep in mind that I've done at least 50 mastercylinder relacements on newer cars and NEVER did one NOT come with the bench bleeding kit.

Oh well, its done now. Just felt like venting, when I vented to my wife she just looked at me in confusion....:chug:

i work at advance auto to and for awhile we had a run of bad master cyl for old fords and jeeps. i went through one and then the second has been in for two years.

o i bled mine on the jeep. you just keep loosing the lines going in the cylinder like you do a bleeder on a wheel cylinder or caliper. the down side is you might go thru alot of fluid.

o i bled mine on the jeep. you just keep loosing the lines going in the cylinder like you do a bleeder on a wheel cylinder or caliper. the down side is you might go thru alot of fluid.

Wish I had though of that, with brake fluid being buy one get one free I'da gone that route insted.

Funny, your the third person that I've talked to thats mentions the bad spout of Cardone AMC cylinders.

I have never used a bench bleeder kit. I use the gravity method.

I stick my MC in a large coffee can filled with brake fluid, move the piston with a screw driver nice and slow for a few min. Cap the holes off while it's still in the fluid and install it in the vehicle. No issues.

i still use my one man bleeding kit i bought from Halfords in England 30 years ago it has a tube with a one way valve on the end you crack the bleed valve then pump the pedal 4 times till you feel pressure then close the valve and youre done

speed bleeders work great they should of been stadard equipment on vehicles im putting stainless steel brake lines on my jeep thats another thing that should be standard equipment on vehicles espically where theres a lot of salt usage :mad:

speed bleeders work great they should of been stadard equipment on vehicles im putting stainless steel brake lines on my jeep thats another thing that should be standard equipment on vehicles espically where theres a lot of salt usage :mad:

I looked them up on my Scout aplication and we don't have them listed. We carry them for just about everything but what I need. I still need to research them in the catalog, I may be able to track some down that'll work.

Speed bleeders can be located in autozone, advanced, and napa they'll be on the isle with the misc :dung: and the other brake bleeders. All you need to know is the size of the ones on your vehicle. The parts monkeys can usually look it up, or I just take one for comparison.

They use a little ball type check valve, you stick a tube on it and in a bottle, crack it open, pump the brakes, KEEP AND EYE ON YOUR FLUID LEVEL, close the bleeder when just fluid comes out no air bubbles and your done. No pump, hold, open, close, etc etc. One man job easy easy. And they make flushing the system a breeze.

I wen't into work today (Advance) on my day off to look into speed bleeders more.
Ok, the aplication: Im running 76 International Scout Axles & Brakes.
We don't list speed bleeders for my application. So I pulled a wheel cylinder and took the bleeder out and checked the thread size, got
3/8-24.

So I grabbed a set of speedbleeders in the same size.
Now we didnt have any calipers in stock to check the bleeder size so I checked and found that our location in Columbus had them and I gave'em a call.

I had the guy over the phone pull a caliper and bleeder and check the thread size for me. He got the same 3/8-24 size for the front.

So none the less I grabed two 2 packs of 3/8-24 bleeders and hauled A BAD WORD home to finnish my brakes because I didnt have a lot of time to wrench today.

I don't know what the deal is but neither size fit front or rear! Now I never really paid attention to my bleeders before but my fronts were way smaller and rears were just a little smaller.

I'm just gonna return the one pack I didnt open and make my girl climb up in the mud slut and work the pedel so I can get'r done.
Waisted $7 on the one pack I opened and cant return now.

:bang:

I wen't into work today (Advance) on my day off to look into speed bleeders more.
Ok, the aplication: Im running 76 International Scout Axles & Brakes.
We don't list speed bleeders for my application. So I pulled a wheel cylinder and took the bleeder out and checked the thread size, got
3/8-24.

So I grabbed a set of speedbleeders in the same size.
Now we didnt have any calipers in stock to check the bleeder size so I checked and found that our location in Columbus had them and I gave'em a call.

I had the guy over the phone pull a caliper and bleeder and check the thread size for me. He got the same 3/8-24 size for the front

So none the less I grabed two 2 packs of 3/8-24 bleeders and hauled A BAD WORD home to finnish my brakes because I didnt have a lot of time to wrench today.

I don't know what the deal is but neither size fit front or rear! Now I never really paid attention to my bleeders before but my fronts were way smaller and rears were just a little smaller.

I'm just gonna return the one pack I didnt open and make my girl climb up in the mud slut and work the pedel so I can get'r done.
Waisted $7 on the one pack I opened and cant return now.

:bang:
were they made in china ?? metric and standard thread is verry close its worse in England as we had whitworth and british stands fine and corse also here its just american standards fine and coarse and metric also some bleeders use a beval to seal just crack the bleeders finger over the end then get someone to pump the pedal its full travel to the floor close bleeder and repeat 4 times then check your fluid leval

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks