CJ

Admin
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'72 CJ5, 401, T18, D20, D44, D30
'82 CJ8, 258, D300, AMC20, D30
Holy :dung: , battery for my mothers 2003 Lesaber is $200

Wow

I paid $168 yesterday for one to crank my Iron Duke 4 cyl. I am still walking funny

• Thanks for the Post!
Reactions: CJ
Optima red top group 34, $270.00. The only one I put in my jeep. Long lasting and about the same price year after year. They don't leak and are totally maintenance free. I've tried cheaper ones and have been disappointed every time. When it comes time, I'll drop one in the Suburban.

Optima red top group 34, $270.00. The only one I put in my jeep. Long lasting and about the same price year after year. They don't leak and are totally maintenance free. I've tried cheaper ones and have been disappointed every time. When it comes time, I'll drop one in the Suburban.
I agree, best battery.

I agree, best battery.
Yep - Optima red top for the primary (starting, ignition, etc) and yellow top for the auxiliary or second (winch, lighting, OBA, inverter).

over the last year I've bought 4 used batteries for $25 or less, all close to 1 yr old or less verifiable, I use them and check them regularly, perfect, not paying gougie prices. All were 650cc - 800cc 2 top post 1 side.

I get free used batteries from my buddy who is a master mechanic and strictly does Recertifications of Japanese Luxury cars. If it doesn’t have the factory name battery it comes out. Most are pretty new replaced batteries. He tests them before turning them over to me.

I have an Optima red top in mine and haven't had any issues since I put it in. Well worth the price.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

I get you pay for quality, just can't justify paying what Optima wants for theirs, the ole rumors Optima batteries are junk now and made in China are all false rumor mongering, they still are some of the highest quality even if they have some failures as all brands do. They're made in Mexico and are still considered by the industry as the leader amongst many, but if I can buy a new battery for a lot less, say Interstate and the last one I purchased exceeded 8 years of good service, then that's what I buy, several other brands as well. As long as your happy with your purchase, doesn't matter what you paid. But I'm one of those even if I have the money to buy a Ferrari, I'll still choose a 20 year old Ford pickup instead.

I get you pay for quality, just can't justify paying what Optima wants for theirs, the ole rumors Optima batteries are junk now and made in China are all false rumor mongering, they still are some of the highest quality even if they have some failures as all brands do. They're made in Mexico and are still considered by the industry as the leader amongst many, but if I can buy a new battery for a lot less, say Interstate and the last one I purchased exceeded 8 years of good service, then that's what I buy, several other brands as well. As long as your happy with your purchase, doesn't matter what you paid. But I'm one of those even if I have the money to buy a Ferrari, I'll still choose a 20 year old Ford pickup instead.
I can see that. I went with optima after going through 3 batteries in 5 months and have had the optima in for almost 2 years now

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

I am on my third Optima battery. The second one went bad during the full replacement period. The first one went bad at the very early planned obsolence or engineered life expectancy period of four years. I got the Optima battery because it looks nice. I don’t think it’s more durable. Just sharing my experience. But it’s true that battery prices have skyrocketed.

I've had a cheap $50.00 Walmart battery in my rig for many years. No problems.

Same here!!!

Johnson Controls was making all the aforementioned brands...sold out to Clarios in '19

East Penn (Deka) makes for Duracell and Napa

Not getting expensive Optimas again. Walmart has a 1000 CA/3 year warranty battery for about 130 bucks. As expensive as they are, the last 3 Optimas I had did not perform any better than a conventional battery. Walmart it is. Thanks for the tip, caveman.

If you need a sealed battery then I think optima is the way to go. I haven't had as good of an AGM from other brands. If you can use a wet cell battery then walmart or autozone marine batteries are still cheap.

What is considered a marine battery ?

I think they have heavier lead plates. They're cheap and have Limited time warranties but I've never had an issue running them for way longer than the warranty. Usually only a year I think. Plus you get both post and threaded connections on some. There are deep cycle marine batteries but the cheap ones are the marine starting batteries.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks