back with a tire ?

back with a tire ?

dalefan88

Crazy Sr. Respected Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
79 cj5 258, t150, dana 20 transfer case, dana 30 front, 20 rear,warn hubs,2.5" procomp lift,teamrush,msd box,mc2100 carb,hedman header,clifford intake,optima battery, ford shock towers.
what is the stock tire size of a 79 CJ5. does anyone know of some tire websits to check out. today i went to go to the store in my jeep and couldnt get it to move. :mad: as some of you know my 4wd dont work. my offroad tires dont do :dung: in the snow. i think im going to look for different tires for winter time. thanks

The OE size was 205/75-15 and optional was 215/75-15.

Do you have the factory rims on it? From the pictures in your gallery it looks like you have some white spoke wheels. They look about 8" wide (are they).

You have a large choice of tires to choose from...

As for snow tires, I'll let someone else chime in on that as I haven't seen any snow in about 12 years or so... :laugh:

as some of you know my 4wd dont work
Did you ever get a chance to see if the front drive shaft is turning? It looks like you have Warn Hubs on you CJ, it really only takes an hour or two to repack them if you need to... :)

ya i got stock rims and stock hubs whatever they are.

As for snow tires, I'll let someone else chime in on that as I haven't seen any snow in about 12 years or so... :laugh:

Oh CJ, please don't tell me you haven't been able to take a trail when snowy/icy.

Does this require a bit too mucht travelling from your area?

I must reccomend a good icy spin around, even if just on the local dirt track, or one of my favourite hobbies (before I had a licence!) - ice carting - where the local ice rink was converted for karts to whizz around on with normal tyres!

Last edited:
Now that is funny....how would you know you get them if you do not know what they are.

i am new to 4x4. thats why i ask the ?s. i have no clue what the hubs are. they dont say warn ect ect on the so i dont know what they are. for tire size i got it with 31s but dont know if that is stock.

i am new to 4x4. thats why i ask the ?s. i have no clue what the hubs are. they dont say warn ect ect on the so i dont know what they are. for tire size i got it with 31s but dont know if that is stock.
31's aren't stock but that is not really an issue. Many 'stock' tires and wheels are changed out at the dealer for larger ones before the Jeep even hit's the lot.

DaleFan88, can you take a picture of your hubs? Just attach it to the thread...

Thanks,

ill try to get a pic tomarrow. but were in a middle of a snow storm so it might be later.

DAlefan88, checkout this site. I might get some of these when I need new tires for one of our jeeps. Read the tech on the "Ultra Grip".

Ultra Grip Tires, Retread Tire | TreadWright, Inc.

Oh, we were in the high 60* range last week and the Saturday we got 2" on snow. Now it is staying in the mid to high 30s during the day and mid 20s at night. Way too cold to work in the garage, plus I still have no power out there.:eek:

31's aren't stock but that is not really an issue. Many 'stock' tires and wheels are changed out at the dealer for larger ones before the Jeep even hit's the lot.

I agree. 31s are not the usuals. The dealers change tires to make jeeps more attractive to us prospective buyers.

DaleFan88, can you take a picture of your hubs? Just attach it to the thread...

Maybe that is indeed the best :)

CJ, I don't want to hyjack Dale88's thread as he is looking for valid information but... I am so sick of snow and dealing with it that if you bring up the weather in S.Georgia again, I may loose my mind (or what little of it there is left)

CJ, I don't want to hyjack Dale88's thread as he is looking for valid information but... I am so sick of snow and dealing with it that if you bring up the weather in S.Georgia again, I may loose my mind (or what little of it there is left)
There is no way I am going to bring up the great weather we are having here... And there is no way you can make me! :D

There is no way I am going to bring up the great weather we are having here... And there is no way you can make me! :D

That is not very nice of you CJ! That was just cold.:D

ya. it will be awhile before i get pics of the hubs. we got 8" of snow. i have no garage and no driveway. the plow went by and the whole driver side of the jeep is covered. the pass side has snow above the hubs. im so sick of winter.:censored:

I know I BS allot about you all and winter but I do wish that it leaves you alone for a while. I get into a rain funk during the summer here when it just won't let up... I understand more then you know... :(

rain is good though. it makes mudd.:grinjeep:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom