Body B-pillar question regarding ‘76 CJ7

Body B-pillar question regarding ‘76 CJ7

JohnEJo

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1976 Jeep CJ7, 304, Quadra Trac
Hello. I’m new to the Jeep world having just purchased a ‘76 CJ7 with Quadra Trac. I believe it originally came with a soft top and full doors, but I’m looking to get a YJ hard top with doors for it. I’m not seeing any door striker plates on it and know I’ll have to get some, but I read somewhere that I might have to do something with the B-pillar supports, or did I misunderstand what I read? I was thinking all I had to do was get the striker plates and screw them on, but am I wrong about that?

Thank you in advance.

You don't have to do anything to the hinge area you will have to convert from a handle style (think screen door latch) and get an actual striker plate easiest is from a late CJ 7 or YJ in a junkyard but it's easy and straight forward

Sent from my E7110 using Tapatalk

You don't have to do anything to the hinge area you will have to convert from a handle style (think screen door latch) and get an actual striker plate easiest is from a late CJ 7 or YJ in a junkyard but it's easy and straight forward

Okay. Thank you.

There are no strike plates on it right now and wasn’t sure if that was a problem. There are two holes on the inside and back part of the doorway, as you can see from the picture. Could those have been for a striker plate at one time that might have been removed for some reason?

Thanks, again. Much appreciated! 😊

IMG_0710.jpeg

No the older ones used a simple latch and handles my wife's 79 CJ 7 had it as well. I'll take pictures tomorrow. In the meantime here's a 87 YJ zoom in to see the striker64a6fbe323a08bf881f1cc4a5231be11.jpg

My 84 came with just a soft top and soft doors. I bought a set of YJ steel half doors and bought a brand new striker set from Quadratec and those bolted right on. On an 84 it was a piece of cake. No idea though on a 76. Looks different on yours. BB295F78-9D9F-44FD-A549-8F40D062CE9C.jpeg

Google 1976 amc jeep CJ7 steel door striker. Go to images and you will see why you have two holes in the pillar. Good luck

Last edited:
  • Thanks for the Post!
Reactions: CJ
Must be nice to have a pic a part around the area. The closest 1 around here is 80 miles I think and no Jeep parts. I think Hurricane Katrina ( swamping everything) and cash for clunkers ( F-idiots ) ruined all that.

Must be nice to have a pic a part around the area. The closest 1 around here is 80 miles I think and no Jeep parts. I think Hurricane Katrina ( swamping everything) and cash for clunkers ( F-idiots ) ruined all that.
I have 4 or 5 within a 20 minute drive but Jeep parts are through the roof on cost

Multiple you pull em parts yards around, but every jeep owner gets on the notification list and the jeep products are promptly picked clean as soon as they hit the lot. On line has become the sure thing for me. There are a few good places that strip old jeeps and sell off the things most of us need. Summit parts provide the rest it seems

Yeah I’ve called a couple of yards out in Cali and Colorado and gotten a few things several years back. Pretty costly probably now. Even had 3 or 4 good experiences on CL. Haven’t really done much of anything on FBM.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks