Bartman1959

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
Have owned 82 CJ7, 258
92 YJ, 4.0, 5 spd
78 CJ7, 4 cyl,
Looking at 72 CJ5, 304, 3 spd
Has anyone ever put an AX15 behind a 304? If so, what all is involved in that match up?

Thanks,

Bartman
Retired USAF

:ww::dbanana::banana:

Better choices out there.........
What do you have now?
LG

What do you have now?

LG

Lol, I never have figured out why the factory seemed to only want to put a 3 speed behind the 304

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you have now?
LG

Currently it has a stock 3 spd. I know there is better out there, but wanting to stay Jeep as much as possible, and if Advanced Adapters is okay with an AX15 behind a SBC, there's no reason to look elsewhere.

Bartman
Retired USAF

Currently it has a stock 3 spd. I know there is better out there, but wanting to stay Jeep as much as possible, and if Advanced Adapters is okay with an AX15 behind a SBC, there's no reason to look elsewhere.

Bartman
Retired USAF

The AX15 built to accept a transfer case, ain't that easy to find.......;)
Look for a NP435 tranny.
My son runs one behind his build 401 in his CJ5.
LG

The AX15 built to accept a transfer case, ain't that easy to find.......;)
Look for a NP435 tranny.
My son runs one behind his build 401 in his CJ5.
LG

The NP435 is a 4spd isn't it? I'm looking for a Jeep 5 spd that will mate to the 304. As I said earlier, Advanced Adapters says it can handle a SBC, so I'm sure it can handle a 304 as well.

An Ax15 is easy to come across that will accept a transfer case. They will handle the power a 304 will put out. Will also bolt right to your 304. Coming for someone that has installed 3 and runs one in his jeep. Look for a jeep cherokee with a 6 cylinder. As for the adapter novak is a good place you can also find them on ebay.

BTW the Ax15 is one of the best 5 speeds jeep put in. Tons better than a t5!

An Ax15 is easy to come across that will accept a transfer case. They will handle the power a 304 will put out. Will also bolt right to your 304. Coming for someone that has installed 3 and runs one in his jeep. Look for a jeep cherokee with a 6 cylinder. As for the adapter novak is a good place you can also find them on ebay.

Thanks Coldair, I appreciate the advice.

Bartman
Retired USAF

BTW the Ax15 is one of the best 5 speeds jeep put in. Tons better than a t5!

The only reason AMC went with the T-5 was the 'bean-counters' were run'n the show! :biggun:

LG

Also the NV3550 from the wranglers is a pretty easy swap similar the the AX15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks