Misc. Asking for ideas

Misc. Asking for ideas

RichChapin

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1983 CJ5 stock less the JFI I installed back in 1994
in the process of rebuilding it now
1976 - 1986 Turn / Park replace with a 4"led fog/turn/drive that fits wrangler 1987-2018

asking for ideas
the 4" led is
3 13/16 diameter
3 3/4 length with the bracket like change this plastic
4 7/8 bracket with

wanting input to mounting and a new adjustment ideas

Attachments

• 71fBRhvO-5L._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    71fBRhvO-5L._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 91uzzZSgsSL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    91uzzZSgsSL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 20
  • 71ACC-Q+QIL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    71ACC-Q+QIL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 20
following. my lights suck

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

I’m following as well. I haven’t ventured into this area yet and will appreciate the discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am putting similar fog lights in my grill also. I have the wiring figured out now I am rilling around mounting and bezel ideas before I put it in. I may end up designing a bezel on my own and 3D printing them.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

I am putting similar fog lights in my grill also. I have the wiring figured out now I am rilling around mounting and bezel ideas before I put it in. I may end up designing a bezel on my own and 3D printing them.

depending on how they turn out how much would you charge for a set?

depending on how they turn out how much would you charge for a set?

A set of the bezels? I will post up pictures and make the model available for free.

I already have a model built when I was just going to close up the holes in the grill so all I have to do is modify it into a bezel. If you want me to print you up a set I would say $10 or so plus shipping. They will not be a complicated print job although I am curious as to how well the plastic will hold up to the weather. I will probably go through a couple of different materials before I settle on a final choice.

the other issue is that you need to have the ability to adjust the light up and down to to the different lifts on the jeeps
that's were I'm running into the problems

the other issue is that you need to have the ability to adjust the light up and down to to the different lifts on the jeeps
that's were I'm running into the problems
The lights you posted have adjustment screws on the back side

yes but its all plastic that will just wear out as it vibrates down the road

the light is all aluminum and the mounting bracket is plastic on
the pivit point is 1/8 of plastic to aluminum 1/16 thick

On mine the housing for the light and the mounting housing are plastic. I will see how they hold up. I only paid $40 for my fog lights so if they last a year or so I figure I got my money's worth.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks