Anyone put a Shovel and Axe kit on their CJ?

Anyone put a Shovel and Axe kit on their CJ?

JeeperChris

Old Time Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'79 CJ5, 258 I6, T150 w/Dana20, Dana30 front and AMC20 rear. My first Jeep! I'm looking forward to doing some minor upgrades and restoration while enjoying the ride.
I've been working on one based upon a HUMVEE pioneering kit. I've modified it to accept a 3 pound hammer, Hatchet, Bowsaw, and Machete.

Attachments

• 20170304_124503.jpg
    20170304_124503.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Sounds pretty neat, i have been wanting to add a hi lift and 5 gallon jerry can to mine I’m sure an axe and shovel would also come in handy

Sent from my source of bill money using Tapatalk

Hack, that is looking real good!

gert, yeah if I could move my spare over to one side I would love to put a can next to it.

Hack, that is looking real good!

gert, yeah if I could move my spare over to one side I would love to put a can next to it.

No room on the side with tire in center?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy happy happy6cd18619239bcb6089b3af29da104fce.jpg

A happy family!
My little one is all grown and gone so I guess I'll have to make the back seat for the grand kids :-)

No room for a jerry can with the tire in the middle, I only have 7 inches on each side to the edge of the tail light. Since I don't have a tailgate it looks like I can just redrill the holes and mount it over though..... then add the can.....

Last edited:
Side mount spare like the MBs?

I was just thinking to the side of the tire so the tire and can are across the back.

Attachments

• CJ78.6.jpg
    CJ78.6.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 38
Here's a pict of where the hi lift jack goes. I stuck a broom handle through it. The pict with blue tape is where the foot plate mount is kept.

Attachments

• Hanson2.jpg
    Hanson2.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 80
  • Hanson3.jpg
    Hanson3.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 77
Here's a pict of where the hi lift jack goes. I stuck a broom handle through it. The pict with blue tape is where the foot plate mount is kept.

That's a really nice setup. I havn't even thought about a jack yet, I'm still working on just one fuel can.....

Excuse the swear word but what I made for the JK:

36069125145_8ce8c03028_k.jpg

35935495731_f8e4d89bf5_k.jpg

The Hi-Lift bolts across the top with handle in the tube to right. 6061 aluminum.

Excuse the swear word but what I made for the JK:

36069125145_8ce8c03028_k.jpg

35935495731_f8e4d89bf5_k.jpg

The Hi-Lift bolts across the top with handle in the tube to right. 6061 aluminum.

That is just awesome!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks