Anybody work nights?

Anybody work nights?
You will need to find out if your city/ county will let you put a permanent structure up or not and how big you can build and then go from there. I can't have a permanent structure so my shed has to sit on concrete blocks above ground

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have two sheds currently, a small one and a big one. I was thinking I could either modify my big one to work or build a new one.

Only thing I have found so far is 200 square feet and bigger require a permit to build.

I have two sheds currently, a small one and a big one. I was thinking I could either modify my big one to work or build a new one.

Only thing I have found so far is 200 square feet and bigger require a permit to build.

You have it much easier than me then, I have an hoa to deal with, well your big shed you will want to look into beefing the floor frames adding more support blocks and beefing the floor decking up, that might safe you some good amount of money if you can use it

You have it much easier than me then, I have an hoa to deal with, well your big shed you will want to look into beefing the floor frames adding more support blocks and beefing the floor decking up, that might safe you some good amount of money if you can use it

We have a HOA also, but so far they seem pretty decent. We have lived here about 5 years I think.

We have a HOA also, but so far they seem pretty decent. We have lived here about 5 years I think.

Cool, ours is real slow at approving changes

You will need to find out if your city/ county will let you put a permanent structure up or not and how big you can build and then go from there. I can't have a permanent structure so my shed has to sit on concrete blocks above ground

That's a pretty restrictive place. I thought that was part of what the Alamo was about ? Freedom? :notworthy: my concrete floor shed was here when I moved in years ago. 14 X 20 with T 111 but I covered with Hardy plank which is great stuff. Maybe I needed a permit also but I didn't ask when I built a compressor shed out of hardy board also on 4 X 8 concrete slab. Guess it was kinda don't ask don't tell :chug:

That's a pretty restrictive place. I thought that was part of what the Alamo was about ? Freedom? :notworthy: my concrete floor shed was here when I moved in years ago. 14 X 20 with T 111 but I covered with Hardy plank which is great stuff. Maybe I needed a permit also but I didn't ask when I built a compressor shed out of hardy board also on 4 X 8 concrete slab. Guess it was kinda don't ask don't tell :chug:

Yep pretty restrictive and annoying, I plan to don't ask don't tell on my compressor she'd to, just haven't got around to it yet

Ok gert my buddy has a Dana 44 front out of his 79 Jeep wagoner he maybe looking to get rid of. Good candidate for my 81 CJ5? I would want to find a rear waggy 44 for my cj too. I think I would need one out of a late 80's to early 90's when they stopped making them right?

Ok gert my buddy has a Dana 44 front out of his 79 Jeep wagoner he maybe looking to get rid of. Good candidate for my 81 CJ5? I would want to find a rear waggy 44 for my cj too. I think I would need one out of a late 80's to early 90's when they stopped making them right?

Yes good candidate because of the width, but is a 6 lug so if you want to keep the 5 lug you can use a combo of Ford and Chevy 44 parts to get the 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern

Yes good candidate because of the width, but is a 6 lug so if you want to keep the 5 lug you can use a combo of Ford and Chevy 44 parts to get the 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern

Sweet! Yeah that's what I was reading about the lug pattern. This will be a ways down the road, I want to get her running good and wheel it with the axles it has for a bit.

Sweet! Yeah that's what I was reading about the lug pattern. This will be a ways down the road, I want to get her running good and wheel it with the axles it has for a bit.

Yep that's a good idea I don't think you really need a 44 til you get into the 35 inch and up tire

Yep that's a good idea I don't think you really need a 44 til you get into the 35 inch and up tire

Well I'm putting a 2.5 inch lift on it just because the price of a new stock suspension is ridiculous. And then adding 33's. I just like the idea of having a really beefy jeep and not having to worry. I'm not one to beat on my jeep.

What would you do for a rear axle?

Well I'm putting a 2.5 inch lift on it just because the price of a new stock suspension is ridiculous. And then adding 33's. I just like the idea of having a really beefy jeep and not having to worry. I'm not one to beat on my jeep.

I know the AMC20 gets a bad rap but I would look at keeping yours and putting new axle tubes on it, if not that then the Dana 44 that every Jeeper seems to love, or the Ford 9, I think you will have a hard time breaking any of those axles, especially the Ford 9 because you can build it with 35 spline axles

I built mine the way I did because Im a Dodge man and when I sold my 83 D150 I traded the new owner the Chevy Dana 44 i had for my old Dodge Dana 44 and he gave me my old 9.25 with it. That gave me a complete 1/2 ton front with flat top knuckles. I like that any time i want parts for my front axle its all 1983 Dodge Dana 44 not a hybrid of parts that i have to remember. The 9.25 is a super beefy rear axle but is not a popular swap axle and does not enjoy the aftermarket support like the other axles mentioned above. However with the Moser axles and housing ends it eliminates its only weak point which was its axle bearings and c clips

I know the AMC20 gets a bad rap but I would look at keeping yours and putting new axle tubes on it, if not that then the Dana 44 that every Jeeper seems to love, or the Ford 9, I think you will have a hard time breaking any of those axles, especially the Ford 9 because you can build it with 35 spline axles

I built mine the way I did because Im a Dodge man and when I sold my 83 D150 I traded the new owner the Chevy Dana 44 i had for my old Dodge Dana 44 and he gave me my old 9.25 with it. That gave me a complete 1/2 ton front with flat top knuckles. I like that any time i want parts for my front axle its all 1983 Dodge Dana 44 not a hybrid of parts that i have to remember. The 9.25 is a super beefy rear axle but is not a popular swap axle and does not enjoy the aftermarket support like the other axles mentioned above. However with the Moser axles and housing ends it eliminates its only weak point which was its axle bearings and c clips

Yeah I like the AMC20, I think would either keep it or find a 44 out of a scout, or last years of the waggy.

I have even looked into adding 4:1 to the 300 lol

33s and 2.5 lift is about the perfect CJ combo

Yeah I like the AMC20, I think would either keep it or find a 44 out of a scout, or last years of the waggy.

I have even looked into adding 4:1 to the 300 lol

Aren't the rear waggys offset because of the quadratrac? I never stopped to look under them

Aren't the rear waggys offset because of the quadratrac? I never stopped to look under them

From what I can find, and I could be wrong, the early ones are, but when you get past 86 or 87 they are centered.

I'm trying to make it the perfect jeep for exploring the backcountry.

same thing I am building mine for I want to drive it anywhere and everywhere, cant wait til its done. you gonna fire yours up anytime soon?

same thing I am building mine for I want to drive it anywhere and everywhere, cant wait til its done. you gonna fire yours up anytime soon?

Yep! Cooling system is full and complete. I just ordered a fuel filter kit. I need to adjust the clutch, hook the starter up, and battery, then i believe it will be time for its first test fire.

Yep! Cooling system is full and complete. I just ordered a fuel filter kit. I need to adjust the clutch, hook the starter up, and battery, then i believe it will be time for its first test fire.

That will be cool im waiting

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks