Anybody done or seen this idea?

Anybody done or seen this idea?

kickitandholdit

Old Time Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'53 CJ3B
So today i saw a willys 4 cylinder and my brain started going off. How cool would it be to take like a willys engine and tranny and build a tube cage arround them and use like some kawasaki mule diffs or something with 4 wheeler tires and some small coil overs with a 4 link style suspension and basically built a small mini one person rock crawler.

I'm thinking that it wouldn't much harder to just do a 2 up tube buggy and parts might be easier to find???

There is a guy on youtube that took an import FWD drivetrain and made a tube chassis wheeler for his 9 year old daughter. Last I heard of them, she was kicking butt in some competition or other. Kinda the same concept, but I think it has advantages over using a conventional Willys drivetrain, since there is no transfer case (the whole drivetrain on his is turned 90* to the chassis, allowing the transaxle to feed both differentials directly)

Several companies already make small single person rigs.
But yeah it's doable.

This is my new toy still a some work to go

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 337
  • 20 4 2011 056.jpg
    20 4 2011 056.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 304
  • 20 4 2011 054.jpg
    20 4 2011 054.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 278
Neep what engine / trans set up and what axels?

Sould be sweet when done.
Is it going to have as much flex as the CJ?

more and its 4 wheel steer
Now this sounds interesting.
Neep, start your own Build thread. I'd really like to hear how this project comes together.

Nice buggy! Four wheel steering. Engine in the rear. excellent visibility.

:notworthy:

I still think it would be cool to have one about half that size. like a rock crawler about the size of a Suzuki samurai but built like a legit crawler like that.

ok so here is the main aim of this thread.

i found kinda what i was thinking about

imagine this a little bigger so a guy could drive

its a 4 link setup made with suzuki samurai drive train and its totally appropriate right now cause its a jeep hahahahaha

Mini rock crawler for kids - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board

my buggy is as small as I could make it at 59" to the top and 20" under, the 100" wheel base was needed to fit everything in a smaller motor and box,say a big bike motor will save about 12" the best way to go I think to a very small crawler would be to build a full tube suzuki four link air shocks and not much more you could do the same with a old willys to

i think a suzuki samurai completely cut up and tubed with a diesel motor and 4 link suspension would be a fun toy.

have had a bit of time to work on the buggy

Attachments

• 01 11 2011 001.jpg
    01 11 2011 001.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 178
  • 01 11 2011 009.jpg
    01 11 2011 009.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 179
  • 01 11 2011 012.jpg
    01 11 2011 012.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 167

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks