Air cleaner to carb gasket

Air cleaner to carb gasket

Rdy2hnt

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
81 CJ7 3spdauto 4.2 I6
Just got (my first ever jeep) CJ7 3days ago and see that the seal between the air cleaner and carb is crumbly. In doing some searches for this it it apparent I'm not using the correct term to ask. What is this thing called and where could I get a few?

New to this forum (and forums in general) and stoked about tooling on this thing; thanks for this opportunity to learn from you guys. Please excuse my kindergarten level terminology at this point as I pick this stuff up along the way!

Good question, I have no clue what it is called other than carb to breather gasket. This would seem to me to be an excellent place to learn how to cut cork gasket material.

Available at just about any parts house.
:D

Just got (my first ever jeep) CJ7 3days ago and see that the seal between the air cleaner and carb is crumbly. In doing some searches for this it it apparent I'm not using the correct term to ask. What is this thing called and where could I get a few?

New to this forum (and forums in general) and stoked about tooling on this thing; thanks for this opportunity to learn from you guys. Please excuse my kindergarten level terminology at this point as I pick this stuff up along the way!

Air Cleaner gasket. That's what Fel-Pro calls them. All of them.

The one a hair over 5 inches i.d (5 1/8th ?) for the larger Carbs and TBI conversion bodies is p/n 60038. Less than four dollars at most places. The package description reads like it is for all Jeep/Eagle 4, 6, and 8 cyl, and many other manufacturers as well.

Most chains sell Fel-Pro stuff. I've never been to a chain that doesn't carry them in fact.

Guess who else had the same exact trouble finding such a "simple" part? ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the helpful info! Went to part supply store and found some felpro cut-your-own-gasket material that worked great. Thanks for helping to make this an enjoyable and cost effective experience.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks