Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ7
Second Gen Chevy 350
Dana 20
T18
Skycrapper 3.5" lift
I recently sold my 78 CJ7 and bought this one... has anyone seen these fenders before. Any idea who makes them? I really don't think they are custom because of how they are rolled under in the front.

ere4ava4.jpg

It's hard to tell, but the PO probably cut the front bottom section off and moved it up to the start of the roll over. A little skim coat and paint and taaa daaa.

Yep...it's just a post purchase cut by the PO...these are my steel ones before I switched to 'glass.

ruqy4ahy.jpg
3aby8u3u.jpg
y6yhamub.jpg

Here is a couple more shots of it that make me believe its not custom home fab. But maybe.

There's an outfit called Fiberglass Laminating that does some of the repair panels for JC Whitney... I was never able to find them directly, but ordered fenders anyway. Mine were for a YJ, but the craft work was similar. If you can find a direct contact maybe they would be willing to send you a finished product pic?

I couldn't get the Whitney reps to give me their contact info back when I ordered...

I mean I could weld a piece on there and shape it. Just doesn't seem like that's what happened. Anyway, I was really just wondering if anyone has seen them before.

I bet that adds a great deal of strength to the fender. Back when motorcycle fenders were getting bigger and bigger to accommodate the stupid wide tires that were popular I saw quite a few fenders with stress cracks down the center. I always wondered why the builder didn't add a small, hidden steel rolled bar or a roll like yours near the back to stop the fender from vibrating with the engine.

This seems like something a skilled guy with a round bar some heat and a body hammer could do fairly easily.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks