Advice for Stewart Warner oil gauge please

Advice for Stewart Warner oil gauge please

CJ7JEEP1979

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ7 304 bored .30 over with a performance cam. 4 speed manual, 35x12.50x15 tires, 4 inch suspension lift. 4 barrel Holley.
I picked my Jeep up from the shop today and everything is good to go but I need to replace my oil pressure gauge. It is pegged at 100 and when they hooked up a mechanical gauge under the hood the oil pressure is perfect and where it should be. They suggested I replace the stock electrical gauge with a mechanical one. I have come across Stewart Warner and from what I have read they are among the best. I simply do not know which one to get though. They seem to come in different sizes and mention not including the hose kit for it. Could someone help me with what I need to get please? The shop is going to put it on at no charge for me.

I have a 1979 CJ7 with a 304 and t18a 4 speed. I am looking for something that will fit the stock hole in the dash. Is mechanical better than electric? My budget is no more than $100 for the gauge and most Warner gauges I have found are in the 50-60 dollar range.

Go mechanical, Autometer 2421 matches the gauge style and includes nylon tubing kit.
You can upgrade to copper tubing kit for another $12-15

Been run'n S&W in my 7 for 30+ yrs.
X2 on mechanical!
Gary

Thank you for the replies so far. What model Stewart Warner should I get that will fit in the dash as a drop in replacement for the oem gauge? I do not want to add a pod or make the hole bigger.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks