A little update

A little update

Smurfette

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
83 Jeep CJ7
Hey everyone! Just thought I would post a little update from my intro thread. If you didnt read that its here: http://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/f60/new-sunshine-state-5841/

Well, got her all cleaned up about a week ago. My fiance and I stripped the interior and we cleaned out all the dirt and other random :dung: that it had accumulated from sitting. We got it all reassembled and went on our maiden voyage, and what a scary one it was. The steering in this bad boy was aaaalllll over the place. Our maiden voyage took us to Discount Auto Parts to get a new windshield wiper and some new seat covers. As luck would have it, the battery died while we were there. They came out and tested it, and sure enough it was bad. Got a new one and we were on our way.

On the way back to the house we stopped by my dads to rub it in a little, he showed us how to tighten up the gear box for the steering which helped a tiny bit. When we finally got back to the house that night Corey (my fiance) did some researching on this site and found the incredibly helpful "Troubleshooting and Correcting Your Steering" thread. After reading through that and spending about 10 minutes under the jeep he came to the conclusion that all of the tie rod ends were bad and that the caster might be off due to the jeep having a shackle lift.

So that brings us to today. Three out of the four tie rod ends have been replaced, waitin on one that'll be here in the mail tomorrow. Friday he's gonna pick up an angle finder to investigate the caster. The jeep also had a pretty decent oil leak from under the valve cover, so a new gasket was put in and has remained dry for the 5 days its been in so far. And the starter was dragging really bad, so we got a new one and installed that as well.

We took it out for some long over-due trail riding on Sunday after church. Here's some pics, we forgot to get some of it all cleaned up, so you get crappy cell phone off roading pics. But its a Jeep. That's what you want, right?

IMG_0444.jpg
IMG_0443.jpg
0808101517-00.jpg
0808101514-01.jpg
0808101514-00.jpg

Glad to hear your getten the bugs worked out and haven fun with it.:D

thanks for mentioning the thread you found so helpful, we have worked hard to make a place that is the best CJ site online.
We still have a long way to go, and we really are beginning to take pride in what we have done.
It takes a bit to put yourself on the line and write an article that will be posted up for the world to view, and that one was one of our better ones.
We want all members of this site to realize that they to can submit a work such as that. In fact we want to encourage it.

Oh nice pics and we sure are glad you are enjoying that Jeep.

Working on it is half the fun, if it wasn't we'd trade'em in for tj, lj, or jk's.
Nice looking jeep.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks