A little drafty...

A little drafty...

my86Jeep

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ 7- 5spd, 258 6 cyl- pretty much all stock.
Does anyone know where I can find the tailgate channel that the soft top goes into.

Right now nothing holds my soft top down across the tailgate and needless to say...it's a little drafty.

mine just snaps into "button screws"... I know theres a channel for the front, never seen one for the rear.

what kind of soft top do you have?

:chug:
~ Jr

If you have a Bestop YJ soft top there is a channel that holds that rear window in place. That would explain why its flapping and doesnt have snaps. A pic would help. ;)
Does anyone know where I can find the tailgate channel that the soft top goes into.

Right now nothing holds my soft top down across the tailgate and needless to say...it's a little drafty.

Its for an 86 CJ7 with a Bestop Supertop. There is supposed to be a rear channel that fits over the tailgate much the same as the way the top connects to the rest of the body. I just can't find a replacement piece anywhere.

Bear with me a couple minutes. I have to go down stairs and find one if I have it and then take a pic.

Its for an 86 CJ7 with a Bestop Supertop. There is supposed to be a rear channel that fits over the tailgate much the same as the way the top connects to the rest of the body. I just can't find a replacement piece anywhere.

Jeez those pics dont even look that great. The rear window should have a round plastic "rod" throughout the bottom of the window that can be slid through that retainer channel. Make sense?

Its the dining room table. And its a picnic table at that , for all the darn kids that show up around here. :D Pointsettas for Xmas time ;)
That is heck of a bed spread! Floral! :)

That is heck of a bed spread! Floral! :)
CJ I think you need to get your eyes checked I can see clearly thats on a picnic table :D

Hes right though , its role played as a bed once or twice! :eek:

:chug:
CJ I think you need to get your eyes checked I can see clearly thats on a picnic table :D

What are we talking about here? You are looking for a floral soft top to match your table covering like this? I am sure that top will appeal to your grandmother.
channel4.png
I don't know if I can help you there but I do have the rear channel that holds the softtop to the rear tailgate. I could give it to you for free if you pay my shipping costs. I would think I would need a shipping tube.

Also lets make sure I have what you need. I bought a new Bestop softop for my CJ5. I think the part you need is the same as what I have. The rear of a CJ5 is the same as a CJ7.
This channel piece is new and still in the factory plastic. I reused my old channel since it was still good.

EDIT: my soft top has a lip that fits under this channel. Is that how your is? Some soft tops have snaps back there. If your soft top has snaps then this won't work.

Last edited:
Bestop Supertop tailgate bar
Part Number 288.75

I think it's $50.

Bestop
1-800-845-3567, Monday through Friday from 6am to 6pm, MST.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks